“Wonderful pulled pork sandwiches and baby back ribs”

Turnagain Arm Pit BBQ Indian
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Indian
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Bringing authentic southern BBQ to Alaska is our passion, is our mission. We thrive on being true to traditional southern low n slow smoked meats and classic BBQ sides. We skimp on no part of that age old tradition, we replicate the BBQ masters every step of the way. We honour the ‘Q’ and all that it stands for. We don’t follow trends and we don’t sway from classic BBQ – well sometimes, but only rarely and then not very far. If they don’t do it down south, you likely won’t see it at our PiT.
Soldotna, Alaska
“Wonderful pulled pork sandwiches and baby back ribs”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Wonderful pulled pork sandwiches and baby back ribs. Opened now for the summer. The T arm pit has very good food and also great service

Washington USA
“Love this arm pit”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stopped here on a day we explored the Turnagain Arm. Sadly no whales but I think this was the best meal we had in Anchorage. A little on the pricey side but this is Alaska. Pulled pork was yummy, the beans good and I really liked the coleslaw and sweet potato fries (and their dipping sauce). I would totally eat there again. The counter guy was really friendly and checked in with us a few times. Yummy lemonade too. Looking forward to the Anchorage store.

Anchorage, Alaska, United States
“Arm Pit never tasted so good!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Had The Special ribs,hotlink and chicken with slaw. Truly a tasty combo. Rumor has it they are opening a Anchorage location, can't wait!

anchorage
“Best BBQ in AK”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

So, I am an Alaska girl and haven't much experience in BBQ..only a couple of restaurants in Anchorage. The only thing I can compare the Arm Pit to is the Salt Lick outside of Austin, TX. (I visited there recently). Comparing what I ate at the Salt Lick to what I usually get at the Arm Pit-the Arm Pit wins.

It's a bit pricey-$28 for a full rack and $16 for a half of baby backs. I really like the sauces- served on the side. Not too sweet and they have a spicy one, too. The coleslaw isn't the creamy variety-also my preference. And I love the beans. I've had better fried pickles in the south. The fried okra and jalapenos are great...as are the sweet potato fries. The little hush puppies are pretty dry but for me they are just a vehicle for the dipping sauce. :-)

I tried the chili recently and it was disappointingly bland. I'd rather have the ribs anyway.

We go to the Pit about 2-3x a month. They remember us and always give warm service with a smile. I have observed them make order mistakes with other patrons and are quick to make it right and ensure the customer is happy.

• Visited September 2012
Abilene, Kansas
“Average BBQ, nice view”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

As a Kansan, I've enjoyed much better BBQ at home. That said, this BBQ was OK (for Alaska, where beef and pork aren't nearly as easy to come by). Kind of pricey, but it was a nice change from other restaurants during our trip. We were on our way from Anchorage to Hope to go salmon fishing, so this was a nice stop along the way.

• Visited August 2012