“A True Alaskan B&B...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Indian
Turnagain View Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Indian B&B and Inns
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
“A True Alaskan B&B...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

There are so many B&B's in Alaska that are nothing more than a room to sleep in. Turnagain View Bed and Breakfast is a perfect example of what every B&B should strive to be like. Arlene and Roger were the perfect hosts in every way, from the exquisite lodging to the enjoyable talks to the amazing breakfasts. The large log home sits high above Turnagain Arm with amazing views. The home has a huge wrap around porch and a lovely common area with comfortable seating and huge windows. We stayed in the "Rock Room" on the first floor which had a bathroom just across the hall. The room was very comfortable and clean. Breakfast was plentiful and wonderful! We would have loved to have stayed longer - I guess we'll just have to visit again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Elizabeth M

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

I found this B&B on the internet and it was everything I hoped for. It was nice being close enough to Anchorage but out of town a bit. It is a beautiful log home and each bedroom has its own floor. We stayed in the Paper Room and we had our own bathroom - not shared. It also had a VERY comfortable bed. The views are amazing. Roger and Arlene were very welcoming and were very easy to talk with. The breakfasts were delicious - made with fresh eggs (goose, duck and chicken!) It was great to have a 'home-base' to come back to after venturing in all directions. Anything we needed, Roger and Arlene either had or headed us in the right direction. I would love to go back and stay again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Shannon M
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

We had a wonderful stay here at what zips a three story "log cabin". I add the quotes as it is made of logs but in it is cavernous. My daughter and I along with four grandchildren (9-17) enjoyed a three night stay with Rodger & Arlene. Gracious hosts. We stayed in the scissors suite which can accommodate 8. The kids loved the hide-away bunks that resemble Pullman Car sleepers with curtains. Small downside is only one bathroom but is more than offset by the ambience of the B&B.

The view is spectacular and encompasses the Turnagain Arm and the looming mountains. A visual treat. The site is co-located with The Indian River Mine where each oft he kids had a good time trying their hands at gold panning. All in all a super stay.

Room Tip: We had four tech hungry teens and pre-teens and no TV - Wonderful!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank scottie58_11
Archers Lodge, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

My wife & I stayed here not once but twice during a two week vacation. If there was a rating higher than 5 star. I would of awarded it to Arlene & Rodger.
The log home is 3 levels & sits high on a hillside over looking Turnagain Bay & the snow capped Mts beyond. With wide and unobstructed views. The home has very huge windows and the scenery is so perfect. That it looks like you are viewing a beautiful paintings.
Arlene is a great cook & serves an incredibly good breakfast . NO continentals here folks !!! Her house keeping is wright on & spotless. The home is modern and well appointed.
Rodger has overseen and completed all the finished interior single handed . His craftsmen ship is incredible.
These folks are down to earth with great family values. They are also real Alaskans with many years of personal experience. They are also happy and anxious to share their experiences or help with advice about yours.
The property also contains the "Indian Valley Mine" yes as in Gold Mine . Need I say more !!!

Stayed May 2014
2 Thank KingofGlory
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

My husband and I travel around the world and usually stay in Marriott hotels. By a friend's recommendation, we happened to stay at the Turnagain View B&B for a night. It was so amazing and we felt so welcomed, we cancelled our hotel reservation and stayed at the B&B for the next 8 nights. We stayed in the scissor room with has an amazing view of the mountains and water from the bed.

Although they have wireless internet, Arlene, the proprietor, initiated marble and board games with my children. Roger introduced my son to a unicycle and taught him how to ride it. The kids played in the yard with their sweet dogs and ran to get the eggs from the chickens in the morning. What a great adventure from them.

Panning for gold with Arlene and Roger was exceptional. The kids were hyper focused on the prospect of finding gold and gems that their attention was held for over an hour while panning for gold.

The food was incredible and there is nothing like the Buffalo bacon and fresh eggs for breakfast. We even drove to Indian Valley Meats and bought some to take home. Arlene shared some great discounts and ideas for our vacation. We enjoyed visiting the wildlife center, renting a plane to land on the glaciers, hiking on trails and glaciers, the 26 glacier cruise and visiting the heritage Alaskan village. We ate several times at The Bake Shop (get the African ground nut stew) on the way to the Alyeska Hotel and also at the Snow City Cafe in Anchorage. The Brewhouse had amazing Halibut dishes. There was a street fair on Saturday in town that had a lot of great tents.

We would recommend this B&B for the beautiful and creative atmosphere. The kids slept in these cool beds that were hidden in the walls, covered by a curtain. It was like a fort in the wall. The beds were ultra-comfortable and beautifully covered with quilts. I even sneaked a look at the sheet tags because they were so soft-- I wanted to get them for my home.

Loved, loved, loved it and can't wait to go back one day!

Room Tip: The scissor room accommodates the most people and has the most amazing views and upstairs quiet area...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Shardoxie1 .
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

The full breakfast was Sourdough Pancakes. She added eggs when we said something. Over the !st morning breakfast the owner & her friend jumped all over me over politics. We were told they rarely see whales in the sound across the way. . Being concerned about the statement fresh Alaskan air is pumped into all sleeping chambers, I called to see if the cabin was cold. I was told it wasn't & there was a fireplace in the den if I got cold. There is no heat in this place that I could find. It was okay during the day but cold at night. Even though I had just called about 3 weeks before we got there, there was no gas in the tank for the fireplace. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Devonmichchell
oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Spent one night here in early September and can't tell in words how beautiful this B&B is and how incredible the view. The property sits up on the hill and provides stunning views of both the mountains and the water. The accommodations are very nice, up to date and clean. Arlene cooked us a delicious breakfast the following morning which we enjoyed while conversing with her and her husband, Roger. I'd highly recommend this beautiful bed and breakfast. AND, if you're in the gold panning mood, you can do that as well at Roger and Arlene's gold mine gift shop just down the hill.

Room Tip: We rented the entire upper floor and the view from the expansive window is gorgeous - could have sta...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank luv2go123
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indian
Ski Inn
Hotel Alyeska
#1 of 2 in Girdwood
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,831 reviews
Hidden Creek Bed and Breakfast

Been to Turnagain View Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!