“Bumpers Nest - Tryall Club”
Review of Tryall Club

and 1 more site!
Tryall Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sandy Bay
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Summerville, South Carolina
“Bumpers Nest - Tryall Club”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We just returned from Montego Bay, Jamaica, spending one week with my daughter, her husband, their daughter, his mother, me and my husband. There were five adults and one child. We stayed at the "Bumpers Nest" property at the Tryall Club. The villa had four bedrooms, two on the main level and two on the lower level. There was an open courtyard in the center of the villa, open verandah and pool overlooking the ocean. The ocean view is priceless and breathtaking! The staff was outstanding and friendly. The meals that were prepared by the cook was very good and I appreciated having the local foods like peas and rice, salt fish and cabbage and I can go on with the food, but its making me hungry. We were given several golf carts to get around the property. The property is gated. We spent most of our time relaxing at the villa, reading on the verandah, in the pool at sun up, and tasting all the local fruits. This was a breath-taking experience. A definite MUST!

2 Thank BrittonD

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Grand Cayman
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed at Harmony Hill, a 5 bedroom Villa with adjacent 2 bedroom Cottage and had a wonderful experience.
The Villa is only 5 years old and is on the Hill overlooking the Resort and golf course. The House and the Cottage are luxuriously and tastefully furnished and you wonder if this property has just been on the latest issue of a Travel or Architecture Magazine. The views are out of this world.
We enjoyed lounging poolside or in the pool and soaked up the view. We spent a lot of time playing cards and hanging around the house. This house makes you never wanna leave again. The sliding glass doors open up and the house transforms into a tropical Paradise.
The staff was outstanding!
Lennox is a wonderful Chef and created superb meals for us. We loved stopping by the kitchen to find out what's cooking.
Donovan and Jerome are delightful and catered to our every needs. Erica and Gwen are lovely and kept the house in tip top shape.
Thank you all for such a wonderful time in Jamaica, I am looking forward to returning to this island getaway.

1 Thank Bettina2912
Krk Island, Croatia
Reviewed May 30, 2013

My friends and I stayed at the Anticipation Villa. The staff was exceptional. The cook was amazing, and the views, well, lets just say nothing compares and leave it at that.

The resort is amazing as are the villas. (Another group of our friends stayed at Twin Palms the same week.).

There are two complaints I have: 1) The commissary is only open from 9-5. When you want cigarettes at 2 am, you can't get them. 2) The golf course doesn't open until 8 even though sun rise is 5:45. That means if you want to get a round in before everyone wakes up, its rather tough.

Neither of those things will stop me from going back to Tryall. Amazing in every sense of the word.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank anil c
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 28, 2013

After first hearing about Tryall in the 90's, I knew immediately I wanted my destination wedding to be there. I had five months to plan it, leading into our May 11 nuptials. I was a bit worried planning from afar, as I had never been, but it turned out to be better than I could have expected. Each villa is so unique and amazing. The staff at each was also exceptional. We stayed one night at Pinnacle and then moved to Bougainvillea House. Our wedding guests were spread out among seven different villas, and each was just perfect. I still have friends telling me it was the best wedding ever, and they are all planning a trip back to Tryall. We will certainly be having our anniversary here moving forward. In fact, those who were not at the wedding have already visited the website and are planning to go.

We went two weeks into off-season, so I was worried about the weather, but it was perfect. The staff was super friendly, everyone knew our names across the entire property. I couldn't have been happier with Tryall.

2 Thank Emily F
virginia
Reviewed May 22, 2013

My family and I stayed at Tryall in one of their villas. The name of the house was Wheel house. Their were 14 of us and we fit quite comfortably. The house was spotless. Every r
One of the 6 bedrooms has its own bathroom. The house comes with a wait staff that cooked, cleaned, and even babysat for us. The women were extremely friendly and helpful. This was the most beautiful place I've been to in years. Absolutely loved it.

Room Tip: In Wheel House all the walls open up so u have wonderful views of the ocean from everyroom
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank ladyluck54
Toledo, Washington, United States
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My daughter was recently married at the Tryall Club and guests stayed at various villas. Ours, Bougainvillea House, was a fantasy come true with exceptional service and views. I cannot recommend this resort and villa highly enough.

Room Tip: 3 bedrooms have outdoor showers - try to get one of these.
1 Thank Patrick M
St. Louis
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Tryall is an exceptional property on Jamaica. If golf, tennis, beaching it, or just relaxing at your villa … there really isn’t anything to be upset about! There are “price ranges” for the villas and you DO get what you pay for. The high-end villas (5+ bedrooms) command a higher price, but often, the price may be worth the outlay if furnishings, views, incidentals, maybe even staffing, are your priority. We were very happy with out “deluxe” villa and staff. Our last time there may have proved a bit better, but that was not an issue overall. The villa was perfect for us and the 3 other couples who traveled with us.

The hotel/resort staff was attentive and well versed with the type of cliental visiting Tryall. Bar and restaurant service were on point. The “Commissary” was well stocked and provided, often times, much needed “munchy and beverage support”. The beach area had sail, swim, food and drink areas, which were fine for all .. kids too! Though we did not, I would assume that travel with children would not be difficult. Many structured activities for kids and adults alike were available.

This is not the place to “travel the island” .. there are other places in Jamaica to have that option. It is a gated (safe) community with excellent facilities at hand. Not to say you can’t travel the island, but WHY??

Would we return … YES WE WOULD!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Geejam
Geejam
#1 of 16 in Port Antonio
Round Hill Hotel & Villas

Been to Tryall Club? Share your experiences!