“|Villa Lolita was a brilliant choice and I would recommend this villa to anyone”
Review of Tryall Club

Tryall Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sandy Bay
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
London
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I had my wedding at the Tryall club and this I believe was a fantastic choice of venue for anyone thinking of doing the same. to be clear with you from the onset it is not a cheap option and I had looked at other options such as renting a whole sandal resort, In Ochi Rios what was of a similar price point. Back to the villa and what i can describe as a place that definately has the wow factor Villa Lolita is an impressive well appointed five bedroom villa that comes with its own compliment of staff. I found the gym, sauna and games room on the lower floor brilliant. in addition the villa had a beautiful infinity pool that the pictures that I have seen on various web sites do not do it justice.

The meals at the villa were absolutely fantastic with basically whatever you want prepared by a more than competent chef and I would argue is better than the executive chef who was hopeless in comparison that they have at the resort. If you want a special meal try to get the chef at Lolita to cook for you.

I would say that all the staff at the Villa were absolutely fantastic and I would like to say a special thank you to Godfrey who made the whole event run absolutely smoothly nothing was never too much trouble even having an extra ten people for dinner.

The one down fall of the Tryall Club is the cost of travel in the taxi's provided by the resort I was quoted $220 per a person for a trip to Dunns river- I called a friend who I knew in Jamaica who done the same trip at $30 per a person for 6 people in one vehicle/mini bus

Room Tip: there are many villas on this proerty but when I go back to this resort it will always be back to Vi...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank mauricemaria

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
New York City
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We were two families that rented Sunrise VIlla for a week during our children's spring break. Perfectly located in this gated resort with golf, tennis and a great beach. We booked this property through Jamaican Treasures, they were extremely helpful in reserving the property, transfers and excursions. The real beauty of this property is the full staff who is cheerful and diligent in executing your meals, laundry and ensuring that you have a relaxing vacation.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank DEGNYC
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed August 2, 2012

The Tryall Club was an unbelievable experience from the moment I landed to the moment I left. Ever staff member was very helpful and courteous. The villa had an amazing view of the ocean and wonderfully lit pool. The events held by Tryall were a blast to attend!! I had a relaxing time and would love to go back!!

Room Tip: I have been 4 time and I have yet to have a bad villa!! They all are great!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Devin C
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We spent a wonderful week at Tryall with eight other couples in two magnificent villas! Tryall is a beautiful resort. There is something for everyone and you feel quite safe with their security.
I do not think I can adequately describe the BEAUTY of Tryall. Besides the AMAZING villa and INCREDIBLE STAFF, we enjoyed afternoon tea, golf, rum punches at poolside, massages and facials in our villa, and THE BEACH! We lived the life of the RICH AND FAMOUS ...for a week, anyway...then it was back to Houston and "Life as Usual". We look forward to next summers week in Tryall--if we can wait that long~!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
New York
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This is my fourth visit to Tryall, and every stay has been magnificent. The Bluebird villa was spacious, beautifully decorated, and pristine. The staff--laundress, housekeeper, butler, and cook--were all warm and amazingly helpful. You won't find better service anywhere! Bluebird offered stunning views, overlooking both the private pool and the ocean! The private pool was also great for 'midnight swims', complete with music from the poolside speakers and colorful in-pool lighting. All of the rooms afforded a great deal of comfort and privacy, as each came with an en suite bathroom and entertainment system.
Every staff member I encountered at Tryall was attentive and professional. I wanted to find a dive shop to scuba, and the tours desk arranged everything for me, including the pick up and drop off. The beach staff took me and my party out sailing and were happy to bring drinks and snacks to us on the beach!
The service, amenities, and stunning location are unparalleled. I'd highly recommend Tryall and the Bluebird villa to anyone!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
nyc
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I just spent 3 nights at Tryall after the management kindly invited us back to give it another try following a not so great experience with our housekeeper/cook last year. They really rolled out the red carpet for us and made us feel so welcome there. Nice touches: welcome bottle of champagne and dinner ready for us in our room upon arrival, laundry done every day included, fun day trip to the Negril beaches and happily a cook housekeeper that both did a fabulous job cooking and was very sweet about it.

I was very impressed with the lengths to which management went to convince us to give it another try. We had previously seen the larger villas for big groups and they are truly fabulous, plus large enough that your cooks have somewhere to go while you eat so you can enjoy your time with your family and friends without someone standing in a tiny room alone with you while you eat, which can get awkward in the 1 bedroom villas if they choose to stay the whole time (we prefered being left alone and serving ourselves, which our cook did this time without us asking). The great house villas are very nice but not super-modern in style if that's what you are looking for. The gym is really nice an surprisingly up-to-date. The beach is lovely if you like it private and quiet plus the bay is very calm and safe if you are travelling with kids.

I would definitely consider coming back again if I had a large group of friends or family that I was travelling with and could get a big villa. I'm sure that would be an amazing experience. The ones by the water looked incredible too.

Really appreciate Tryall's hospitality!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank hlmnyc
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Tryall is truly a special place! We just returned from a multi-generational family vacation and stated at the wonderful Anticipation Villa. The Villa was beyond beautiful with 6 spacious rooms all with en suite bath. The infinity pool was the perfect place to relax day and night and the views were beyond anything that we could have imagined! The Staff at our Villa was awesome! They were very attentive with excellent service. Chef Sharon prepared amazing meals everyday! We planned a special night to celebrate my fathers birthday. O'Neisha, on the Tryall staff, helped plan the details to make a perfect night where we ate dinner in the gazebo which sits over the water. The night was wonderful and Chef Kai, the resorts Head Chef, couldn't have been more helpful and responsive in the planning. The food was delicious and exceeded our expectations!! We also golfed, played tennis and used the beach often. We received the same wonderful level of service at all facilities. We can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Round Hill Hotel & Villas
Half Moon
Half Moon
#3 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Tryall Club? Share your experiences!