“Villa Lolita - The Wow Factor”
Review of Tryall Club

and 1 more site!
Tryall Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sandy Bay
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed July 23, 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at Villa Lolita - Incredible food, fabulous food and #1 Villa @ Tryall 2 years straight. Great place to spend in the infinity pool or their own gym . Chef Brown is gourmet, presentation is an art to him, wish I could take him home, geez that crab cake and lobster bisque for dinner will be ever on my mind.

• Stayed: July 2011
4  Thank gailnegril
There are newer reviews for Tryall Club

Reviewed July 15, 2011

I've had the great fortune to spend the past week at The Tryall Club In Montego Bay, Jamaica. The views are spectacular from the Great House terrace-one of the best I've see in the Caribbean. Wherever I roamed on the expansive property, I was greeted with a wave and a hello from the friendly staff. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank robertthephotographe
Reviewed July 14, 2011

We returned once again to the Tryall Club in Montego Bay because the villas are absolutely first rate and the service is superb. You cannot ask for better accommodations and the staff is there to look after you and try their best to satisfy every need.
The property is gorgeous, definitely one of if not the best golf course in the Caribbean, but even if you are tennis players, like my family, you will have the best experience with beautiful red clay courts and excellent pros.
Everyone we encounter every single time is going out of his or her way to make our stay memorable.
Tryall has truly become a home away from home!

Room Tip: The villas are the best experience but if you are only a couple you can stay at the Great House Vill...
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Manuela G
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Tryall seems like a great place for family vacations if you rent one of the fabulous stand-alone houses and/or get nice staff for cooking and clearning. We met some folks at the beach and were invited to visit one of these luxurious villas and it was gorgeous.

We, however, stayed at the Great House and unfortunately did not have luck with the staff, which really tainted our vacation. The whole notion of a private chef and housekeeper was super-luxurious to us, but the ones we got scowled the whole time at us, complaining constantly about everything they did for us (in the context of a complaint, our chef actually said to me, "but you know, we have to be nice to people because they are on vacation"). They stood over us as we ate, grumpy, so we could barely enjoy our meals. We would have much preferred to eat in a restaurant or just have them cook and then leave us to eat in peace, but they refused to do that even when we asked because they insisted on serving us too. On the plus side, our chef was a pretty good cook, better than the mediocre over-priced Wed night BBQ buffet.

Also worth noting, we asked guest services to arrange a day trip to hike with our small children and maybe see a waterfall. She recommended Ocho Rios and said it's a 4 mile hike. She failed to mention the hike is IN and UP the waterfall (And btw, it's more like 200 feet, not 4 miles). This would have been a cool experience, but we had small children with us so it was way too dangerous for them and we didn't do it. She also failed to mention the transport would cost $370, so between that and park admission we wasted $500 and 4 hours in a van just to see another beach, which wasn't any better than the one at the resort. Also, this is just a principle thing, but the resort actually charged us for the phone call they made to make a dinner reservation for us. I've never seen that before from a resort guest services.

We've stayed in Round Hill several times and went there this trip for a dinner to finally have a delicious and pleasant meal and we really regretted not staying there again. Round Hill is amazing in every way and the staff actually seem happy to work there. Some of them even remembered us from 2 years ago. It's a completely different level of resort, in my opinion. I think Tryall management must treat their staff badly for them to have this kind of attitude.

The only staff bright side was their nannies - simply wonderful. Definitely hire them if you have small children.

Overall, we would not stay here again just because the staff that we met seemed so unhappy.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
11  Thank hlmnyc
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Didn't need to leave the property or the house for a great meal...the staff was amazing...hard to rate restaurants if there is such a wonderful home cooked meal!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank JLW1
Reviewed May 13, 2011

I took my whole family to Tryall based on a friends recommendation. It was better than advertised. Karma Bay is right on the edge of the sea. The setting was fantastic. The cool breeze off of the water kept the 85 degree days very comfortable. As a grandparent, the trip included my children and grandchildren. Every one of us had the best vacation. The grandkids loved the pool. My son and I golfed almost every day on the great Tryall course, The location was great but the stars of the week were the service and meals that the staff at this Villa provided for all of us. Every night at dinner we all just marveled at how great everything was. We told the cook what we wanted (chicken, beef, pork) and she decided how to prepare it. Every meal was 5 star. As you can tell from my enthusiasm while writing this, I wish that I was still there. I got back on May 11th and it's the 13th when I'm writing this. I can't wait to go back. The location is about 30 minutes from Montego Bay so it's close enough to venture there if you want. Suffice to say that our vacation was the best of the best because of the combination of the villa and it's location, and the staff and the golf. On a scale of 1-10 it's a 15. No, I'm not being paid to say this. It's truly how I, and my entire family, feel. I hope this helps you make your decision. Enjoy.

Mike from Boston

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank bostonmike0194901923
Reviewed May 5, 2011

We stayed at the Tryall for 5 nights, and found it to be the most amazing place we have ever stayed. We stayed in the Reef House, which is right on the water. We could walk right out of our house and snorkel. I know why they call it the Reef House. The best reefs in all of Jamaica are right off the property here. We saw so many tropical fish, sting rays, octopus, squid, lion fish, etc.. The staff was amazing, and really made the vacation special. The kids stayed occupied, and had a great time. But I do have to say, if you have very active teens, who are not in to golf or tennis, there's not a lot for teenagers to do. My kids enjoyed the beach and the pool, we kayaked and sailed, right off the property, and they golfed a few times. But other than that, it was just relaxing in pure bliss.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Round Hill Hotel & Villas
Half Moon
Half Moon
#2 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Tryall Club? Share your experiences!