Open today: 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Review Highlights
Customized surfing for the whole family

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Dominique H
Zurich, Switzerland
via mobile
Strongly recommend to visit!

Reviewed October 5, 2018
Krzysiek S
via mobile

All reviews surf camp surf coaches next year new friends good vibes skill level my girlfriend no problem national park spent a week great beach laid back surfhouse julio breakfast amado paradise
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We just spent a week in this beautifully located surfcamp and loved it. The surflessons were perfectly adapted to each of our levels and needs. The teachers were lovely with our 7 year old, even if she wanted to play in the sand instead of surfing. Most of them were really motivating and professional and all about helping us to improve.
Campstaff was very cool and their good vibes they had within the team spread through the whole camp.
And finally big thumbs up to camp management. Nothing is impossible for lovely Lihi.
Thanks for everything!

Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

Staff was very friendly, polite and helpful. Breakfast was great. Surfing class was very professional. You can really feel that people love what they do there. Perfect place to fully relax and charge batteries :).

Reviewed September 27, 2018

The school might be nice, and the people are friendly, but in about two days at the end of the season I saw 3 Softboards break. The young tourists who rent the boards for less than one hour were charged for these old boards for up to 150€. One board broke after the second wave. The people had to pay. For me that is bad business, that shouldn't be continued. So I tell the kind people working there: Change this habit: You won't win money by this practice, you'll loose money by loosing clients.

1  Thank felixtraordinary
Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

This is the third surf camp I have stayed in, and my most highly recommended. I had a few days there on my own, before my 2 daughters (aged 13 and 16) joined me. Within the first day, my girls asked if we could return next year, so the loved it from the very start.

The moment I turned up I was greeted by a really friendly crowed which turned out to be a mix of staff, instructors and guests. All made me very welcome. It is a really sociable and friendly camp and the staff and volunteers go out their way to help you in any way.

The camp is in the middle of national park at the end of a dirt track surrounded by natural beauty - perfect for relaxing away from any tourism. In fact the whole region is unspoilt by tourism.

The surf lessons are the best I have ever had. All instructors rotate and teach all levels and all of them were professional and structured in their teachings and took your safety as a priority. The lessons are structured into levels, each with a set of techniques you have to demonstrate before progressing to the next. This was a great system as you can progress at your own pace without having to wait for, or hold back others.

I could not recommend more highly!!

Thanks to all at Amado for being the setting of an amazing holiday, which I can only criticise for being too short! :)

Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

Just had 5 days of leasons here.
It was great to be able to start from zero to be able to surf the white waters.
The methodology is the same for all the coaches and is very clear.
Very International school, since the large majority of the students and teachers come from several countries.
In august some classes tend to be too busy, still the feedback I had after every wave I tryed to surf was very accurate and spot on the corrections I needed to make.
The beach is so big that allows to see different surfers in different levels of performance, so you can see the long objective and also the ones more at your level.
Can't wait to try again...

Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

Surf Camp was really awesome, the place is very beautyfull and romantic. People are nice and food is good. Lessons are lead by professional coaches and we enjoyed a lot of fun. If want to learn surfing, I really recommend this place.

Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

Absolutely beauty!! Perfect people perfect nature perfect surf camp.. I love it! I’m satisfied;) maybe next year we will see at surf camp

Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

The Amado Surfcamp is the best place where to stay while enjoying the Algrave beaches to surf. Great stuff is taking care of you, teaching you how to surf and preparing a great breakfast every morning. Few times a week there is a organized dinner, made of local sources, fresh fishes etc. I would really recommed this place to everyone who enjoyes the familiar vibe and staying in nature

Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

I was at Amado surf camp two years ago (August 2016) and decided to come back in August 2018.

The reason for this:

- great and friendly stuff. The surf teachers are fun and what’s most important: they want you to have fun in the ocean.
I learned how to surf here and now I’m in the intermediate level and can take green waves.

- good Community: they arrange a lot of activities apart from surfing. Every Friday they take you out clubbing to sagres. Every week there is a pizza and burger night in the camp.

- when I arrived this time nothing has changed and I felt like home

- it’s an international surf camp, the official language is English.

- every morning they bring you to the beach. So you don’t have to carry your stuff or the surfboard

- every evening the stuff is bringing you to a supermarket so that you can buy enough groceries.

To sum up:
its worth every penny
Both times I stayed in a tent, which is the cheapest. Don’t forget to bring a sleeping bag and a pillow. If you still feel cold at night the stuff will make you get a blanket.

I will always come back :)

1  Thank Bernie Lee P
Reviewed July 22, 2018

We enjoyed every minute of the surf. Competent and friendly instructors, giving constructive feedback so you could really make progress. Everything was well organized and the equipment was in good shape. Great surf school!