“One of the best experiences of my life.”

Holistic Being with Horses
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Situated in the beautiful south-west Algarve attached to Monte Velho Eco Retreat Center near beautiful beaches and embedded in untouched nature we offer equine facilitated coaching (leadership-, relationship- and self confidence training, consciousnes development, body language as communication), responsible horse treatment and special offers for kids. Our focus lays on the relationship one can build with a horse that is based on trust, understanding and real connection.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Think of laying on your favourite Algarve beach sipping a cocktail and being days away from going back to work. Picture scenic mountains with a glowing sun warming your back and relaxing with your partner. Picture trotting on a horse with no saddle or stirrups holding your arms high in the air after only five minutes on the back of a stallion horse and you can just start to sum up this experience. My partner and I experienced the privilege of well delivered one to one tuition from Adrian and his partner and were treated to an experience that will live long after the sun tan has gone and the other holiday memories begin to fade. Thank you sincerely and when looking to return to the Algarve we shall be sure to book a second experience.

Reviewed May 26, 2012

My husband and I spent a week visiting in the Algarve. For our wedding anniversary we wanted to do something special out in Nature, away from the crowds. We practice natural horsemanship at home, so finding a place for a trail ride where we feel good about the horses and their treatment can sometimes be a challenge. How lucky we were to find Andreas and his herd!

It was definitely a high point of the week and we would recommend it for novice or accomplished rider.

1  Thank AlohaBeth
Reviewed April 27, 2012

We called Andreas during our holiday in the Algarve after reading the reviews on tripadvisor. He is a lovely friendly person and has a wonderful way with his horses. We all started with some breathing exercises and got to know our horses by grooming them and leading them. Each of us in turn had some one to one tuition and then we had a lovely hack altogether through the surrounding countryside. Time seemed to go by without looking at our watches unlike normal riding lessons where you are on and off the horse in a matter of minutes with no time to get to know the horse at all. Andrea and Antonia love their horses and it really was a pleasure to learn and ride with them. I would recommend this to anyone with a love of horses and looking for a calm and enjoyable holiday experience.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

My wife and I celebrated her 30th birthday with a romantic sun set horse ride through the mountains. It was the highlight of our trip to the Algarve and I cant recommend this trip highly enough. Andreas and Antonia were excellent guides and the whole experience will last us a life time. Will return for another lesson for sure when we are next in the Algarve.... Hope to see you both soon!!!

Reviewed March 17, 2012

This is one of the best rides I have done. I went out with Andreas and the scenery was fantastic. Forest, dunes, cliffs, beach and rolling hills. The horses are surprising and lovely. Call for reservations. We did a nice warm up session off the horse before the ride too, which was nice. I will do another ride for sure when back in Portugal.