Call it a bad match, planets not aligned, not meant to be or just a plain bad hair day for the owner but I have never been treated as such. I wanted to change hotels after my first night because I did not feel comfortable at this hotel. The fact that a hand written notice on the patio door of my bungalow stated to keep all important belongings at the reception safe does not do much to reassure a single female traveller...
The bungalows are remote, the café restaurant was closed, and the owner was insulted because I wanted to leave and told me I should have done my research on the location and that I am the problem and not his hotel! I believe he forgot I was the customer. I asked him if he was a Kiwi because I had been travelling NZ for the last 6 weeks and was surprised by his attitude. I had to ask him repeatedly how much I owed him so I could just leave ASAP. Bad vibe, bad energy. However the two Indian persons that do all of the housekeeping, garden tending and pick-ups at the airport were lovely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Absolute beachfront. A private secluded boutique property hidden amongst mature tropical palms on a pure white sand beach on the west side of Rarotonga. Superbly equipped modern self contained bungalows, suites & studios. See breathtaking views from your verandah of the lagoon and the Pacific Ocean beyond with tropical sunset backdrops. Huge freshwater pool with BBQ area. Catering mostly for couples looking for total relaxation. Our NO CHILDREN policy ensures peace & quiet. Good old fashioned friendly personal service by owner hosts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Sunhaven Beach Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunhaven Beach Bungalows Hotel Arorangi
- Sunhaven Beach Bungalows Rarotonga, Cook Islands