The only weakness we have found with this hotel have been the transit arrangements from the airport. We were very early off the plane and had to wait ¾ of an hour for the bus to fill and head off. Then there is inevitably a queue to check in. Had we realised (and we should have it was exactly the same 20 years ago) we would have taken a taxi and been in time for happy hour at the bar.
There is a superette and liquor store opposite so no need to buy the expensive drinks from the bar (after the first night). Our beachfront apartment is spacious clean and well appointed (including a fridge for the aforementioned drinks).
Cook Island Telecom have an internet hotspot just over the road so no need to use the expensive hotel hotspot which you have to go to the lobby for in any case.
We have found the staff uniformly helpful and friendly so 5 out of 5 for the Crown Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cook Islands leading luxury beachfront romance resort on Rarotonga's sunset coast...an exclusive haven for only 42 couples. 5 acres of manicured gardens, 100 meters of icing sugar beach, a crystal clear lagoon, 3 restaurants & bars, day spa & beauty clinic, gymnasium, scuba dive centre, conference & business centre, 3 wedding coordinators, 15 swimming pools + 9 spa pools...so much more than meets the eye. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crown Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Beach Resort And Spa
- Crown Beach Hotel Arorangi
- Hotel Crown Beach
- Crown Beach Resort Rarotonga
- Crown Beach Resort & Spa Rarotonga, Cook Islands