Overall a good stay.
When we first arrived the welcome wasn't what i was expecting, we arrived and were pretty much just given a smile and shown to our room, in other places i have stayed they like to sit you down and welcome you and tell you about the place etc, so not great to start. (it was Sunday evening though, most places don't even open on sunday there)
From there it only improved though, the grounds were very nice with ponds and little waterfalls around the place and lots of gardens.
Being on our honeymoon they had a bottle of wine in our fridge for us. We had a courtyard pool suite that had very tall stone walls surrounding the courtyard for privacy and a private swimming pool which was awesome, I will always be on the look out for rooms with private pools from now on for future holidays.
The room good, and quite big, and so was everything in it, super king bed, double shower, a bath and more.
One of the three on site restaurants was closed while we were there but the other two were very good. The main one 'Oceans' was very good, and was open for breakfast lunch and dinner with triple happy hour from 3-6pm which we made good use of with the good selection of cocktails.
When busy the food could be a little slow to come out, but for us this wasn't a problem, we wern't expecting it to come straight away, its not like we had anywhere to be anyway....
The other restaurant 'windjammer' was more of a fine dining experience, an Italian restaurant where i couldn't find anything to complain about.
A bad thing about the place though was the beach, the sand had too many shells and rocks and the main part of the beach was too rocky for swimming and snorkelling, i would recommend leaving the resort for that and swimming in the communal pool or getting a courtyard pool suite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cook Islands leading luxury beachfront romance resort on Rarotonga's sunset coast...an exclusive haven for only 42 couples. 5 acres of manicured gardens, 100 meters of icing sugar beach, a crystal clear lagoon, 3 restaurants & bars, day spa & beauty clinic, gymnasium, scuba dive centre, conference & business centre, 3 wedding coordinators, 15 swimming pools + 9 spa pools...so much more than meets the eye. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Crown Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Beach Resort And Spa
- Crown Beach Hotel Arorangi
- Hotel Crown Beach
- Crown Beach Resort Rarotonga
- Crown Beach Resort & Spa Rarotonga, Cook Islands