We stayed at Crown Beach Resort for 3 nights in the Garden Suite. Was great, situated right beside the pool, and close to bar and dinner (Oceans Restaurant). Happy hour was great on the beach every night (2 for 1 drinks). Island night at Oceans was fun and good value. The staff were friendly and offered advice on things to do if you ask. Breakfast was yum - try the omelette.
I highly recommend you get a scooter to travel the island while you are there. It is an excellent way to spend the day and more fun than a car. The front desk will organise for you. Note: beware of the yellow wasps when on the scooters - they are everywhere.
Kamanu Restaurant (I think this is how it is spelled) has great cheap burgers and the coldest beer (including locally made) on the island.
The markets on Saturday are interesting. Note: beware of cheap Chinese imitations. We tried to buy off locals that made the products themselves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cook Islands leading luxury beachfront romance resort on Rarotonga's sunset coast...an exclusive haven for only 42 couples. 5 acres of manicured gardens, 100 meters of icing sugar beach, a crystal clear lagoon, 3 restaurants & bars, day spa & beauty clinic, gymnasium, scuba dive centre, conference & business centre, 3 wedding coordinators, 15 swimming pools + 9 spa pools...so much more than meets the eye. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crown Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Beach Resort And Spa
- Crown Beach Hotel Arorangi
- Hotel Crown Beach
- Crown Beach Resort Rarotonga
- Crown Beach Resort & Spa Rarotonga, Cook Islands