My husband and I stayed for 6 nights here before continuing to Aitutaki.
We do have high expectations, particularly when this was not an inexpensive hotel.... and overall it was nice but certainly didn't leave us with any overall great impressions either.
Unfortunately for us the weather was not so great! Lucky for us we got plenty of sunshine as we moved islands! The beachfront is actually much more inviting when the sun shines on it... so we didn't swim a lot here. You will need reef shoes here to be able to really enjoy swimming without stepping on rocks and coral.
I would recommend a pool villa, the garden villa we had didn't offer any view or facilities to enjoy and was average in terms of cleanliness.
The staff were friendly, but we just have higher expectations I think. Having to request things several times was a little frustrating. Unfortunately we didn't meet any "managers" so didn't provide them with any feedback personally which I would have preferred.
We actually thought the food at Oceans bar was better than the restaurant, and some of the staff worked very hard to serve food and cocktails.
Would have loved to try the spa but was closed the whole time we were there (so we didn't make use of our vouchers..... we also had other package inclusions which it seemed staff were not aware of! Its not enjoyable to have to request things that are supposed to be inclusions).
Highlights......My husband went on a fishing trip with "junior" and he is still raving about it. The chef cooked up the tuna they caught perfectly.
We stayed over New Year's Eve and they hotel put on a wonderful evening with entertainment, music, seafood buffet etc. We also met some other fabulous people here and have great memories of good times chatting with them over drinks.
I really do not want to deter people from coming here, the Rarotongan people are warm and friendly....I really think we chose the wrong time of year. The Island seems to shut down (New Years day the hotel wasn't serving any lunch other than a $65 buffet..... hard when you have had a late night and just want something simple! and there is nothing in close distance).
I would recommend coming when everyone returns from their Christmas festivities....or stay on Aitutaki first.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cook Islands leading luxury beachfront romance resort on Rarotonga's sunset coast...an exclusive haven for only 42 couples. 5 acres of manicured gardens, 100 meters of icing sugar beach, a crystal clear lagoon, 3 restaurants & bars, day spa & beauty clinic, gymnasium, scuba dive centre, conference & business centre, 3 wedding coordinators, 15 swimming pools + 9 spa pools...so much more than meets the eye. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Crown Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Beach Hotel Arorangi
- Crown Beach Resort And Spa
- Hotel Crown Beach
- Crown Beach Resort Rarotonga
- Crown Beach Resort & Spa Rarotonga, Cook Islands