We stayed at the Crown Beach Resort for 9 Nights, For the amount of money we paid for the stay we did not get what we expected at all! Arriving to the resort we were surprised at the entrance and foyer reception, was very dingy and not a good first impression.
We were then taken to our Beach Front Villa which was yet again ok, Not the best though.
The Oceans Bar is not reccomnded for Fine dinners!! the service is below average and the food is very poor. Not the cleanest of Hygeine.
Some of the staff on the resort were very rude and sarcastic, we would ask question such as about the weather etc and we would get sarcastic false answers. We were not impresed at all.
Some of the house keeping staff were very helpful and polite, although the room service would arrive at 9am and we would say please come back in an hour or two as we are showering etc and they would turn up 10 minutes later!! Not sure if they knew how time ran there!!
The Windjammer restaurant at the front of the resort was the Highlight of staying on the Resort (although i am not sure if it is acutally part of the resort) the Food was beautiful!! and the service was of the highest!! Loved our dinning there!! Reccomended to all.
Also the Resort needs to provide what they advertise!! They say they have Kayaks and canoes!! One Kayak was available (a one person Kayak) and also when we went to one of the staff for Snoorkling Gear we were told that we could only use it for a short time and bring it back ASAP!! He was very rude about this, although there were plenty of sets there anyhow.
All in on we would not return to the Resort and would not reccomend for others if they are expecting a high class service and accomodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cook Islands leading luxury beachfront romance resort on Rarotonga's sunset coast...an exclusive haven for only 42 couples. 5 acres of manicured gardens, 100 meters of icing sugar beach, a crystal clear lagoon, 3 restaurants & bars, day spa & beauty clinic, gymnasium, scuba dive centre, conference & business centre, 3 wedding coordinators, 15 swimming pools + 9 spa pools...so much more than meets the eye. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Crown Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Beach Resort And Spa
- Crown Beach Hotel Arorangi
- Hotel Crown Beach
- Crown Beach Resort Rarotonga
- Crown Beach Resort & Spa Rarotonga, Cook Islands