Myself and two friends recently stayed in one of the Puaikura Reef Lodges Holiday Homes. The three bedroom house we shared was spacious, came with its own pool and also included a car! The house was located close to the Lodge and beach and we found it really convenient and well priced compared with other resorts on the island. We would all stay in this house again. Each bedroom had above ceiling fans and air-conditioners, it had two bathrooms, large lounge and kitchen and large outdoor area complete with barbecue and eight seating outdoor suit. The pool is cleaned regularly and lawns maintained by the Lodge staff who I will add were all friendly and polite and any questions were answered with ease. Our pick-up from the airport in the early morning are arranged by the Lodge and most convenient when you are weary and tied from the flight. There is washing machine, clothes line, washing powder all provided. Condiments are in the kitchen eg: salt, pepper, coffee, tea and sugar and the first day a fruit, cereal, and bread were all left for us which was great. The House is located to good snorkelling areas and we found that just 5 minutes walk, opposite the Dive Shop, was great for colourful fish and clean water.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the sheltered sunset side of the island, the Black Pearl at Puaikura enjoys an enviable location with a pristine beach across the road, safe for swimming and snorkelling; a magical spot to watch the sunset. A mere 15 minutes to downtown Avarua, ten minutes to the airport and twenty minutes to the eclectic hustle and bustle of Muri. Intimately set in tropical gardens around a central salt water swimming pool The Black Pearl’s 12 rooms are spacious with high vaulted ceilings. A bold, vibrant, sometimes quirky colour palette complements the natural colours of the island. All on the ground level each room has a private patio, a view of either the lush garden or sparkling pool – or both. Kitchen facilities mean you can prepare breakfast, a light lunch or dinner in between dining at a great choice of restaurants close by, many of whom offer a free pick up and drop off service. Or choose to use our poolside BBQ. The Black Pearl at Puaikura is a haven for those not wanting a large hotel with multiple bars and restaurants but rather an intimate environment where the emphasis is on personal service, a place where you can lose yourself in a tropical paradise, at an affordable price. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Black Pearl at Puaikura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puaikura Reef Hotel Arorangi
- The Black Pearl At Puaikura Rarotonga, Cook Islands