In the past we were having to book all over the place for new teachers, comes to orientation, it was a hassle having to pick everyone up from different locations. The main reason for this was to cater for the different size families. With Puaikura Reef Lodges they could cater from singles, to couples and couples with kids from 1 child to 4 children. This was great! The pool was great value even with beach right across the road, it was much safer for the kids. The outside dining area provided us with an excellent orientation area for our teachers and we didn't need to transport them to the Ministry. Having teachers at one place gave them a chance to get to know one another which allowed them also to share meals over in the bbq area. Although there was lots of booking adjustments before our teachers arrived, the office lady Lotu Vea was so accommodating and provided a consistant service with a smile everytime we had to make changes, a value that's rare. Thank you Puaikura Reef Lodges for making the first few days for our new teachers an enjoyable one, as well as provided us the Ministry of Education an easier and more convenient location/accommodation to welcome our new teachers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the sheltered sunset side of the island, the Black Pearl at Puaikura enjoys an enviable location with a pristine beach across the road, safe for swimming and snorkelling; a magical spot to watch the sunset. A mere 15 minutes to downtown Avarua, ten minutes to the airport and twenty minutes to the eclectic hustle and bustle of Muri. Intimately set in tropical gardens around a central salt water swimming pool The Black Pearl’s 12 rooms are spacious with high vaulted ceilings. A bold, vibrant, sometimes quirky colour palette complements the natural colours of the island. All on the ground level each room has a private patio, a view of either the lush garden or sparkling pool – or both. Kitchen facilities mean you can prepare breakfast, a light lunch or dinner in between dining at a great choice of restaurants close by, many of whom offer a free pick up and drop off service. Or choose to use our poolside BBQ. The Black Pearl at Puaikura is a haven for those not wanting a large hotel with multiple bars and restaurants but rather an intimate environment where the emphasis is on personal service, a place where you can lose yourself in a tropical paradise, at an affordable price. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, Otel, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your The Black Pearl at Puaikura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puaikura Reef Hotel Arorangi
- The Black Pearl At Puaikura Rarotonga, Cook Islands