We stayed here during a group holiday as part of our group were staying in a large bungalow 1km up the road, owned by the same people as Puaikura Reef Lodges so it kept things simple as we all felt that we could come and go between both properties. The motel is exactly as expected - clean, friendly staff and we had everything we needed in our rooms. The atmosphere is VERY relaxed (some travellers would no doubt see this as complacency but we liked the lack of pretension!) and we felt completely at home here. We made good use of the barbeque (clean and with all required utensils at hand) and pool every day. Even when the local Dive Centre were giving lessons in the pool, we were still given priority to use it. I probably wouldn't stay here on a romantic break without kids as it is very family-friendly. This was my third trip to Rarotonga and I will be back again - nice to try different accommodation every time but would have no problem returning to Puaikura.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the sheltered sunset side of the island, the Black Pearl at Puaikura enjoys an enviable location with a pristine beach across the road, safe for swimming and snorkelling; a magical spot to watch the sunset. A mere 15 minutes to downtown Avarua, ten minutes to the airport and twenty minutes to the eclectic hustle and bustle of Muri. Intimately set in tropical gardens around a central salt water swimming pool The Black Pearl’s 12 rooms are spacious with high vaulted ceilings. A bold, vibrant, sometimes quirky colour palette complements the natural colours of the island. All on the ground level each room has a private patio, a view of either the lush garden or sparkling pool – or both. Kitchen facilities mean you can prepare breakfast, a light lunch or dinner in between dining at a great choice of restaurants close by, many of whom offer a free pick up and drop off service. Or choose to use our poolside BBQ. The Black Pearl at Puaikura is a haven for those not wanting a large hotel with multiple bars and restaurants but rather an intimate environment where the emphasis is on personal service, a place where you can lose yourself in a tropical paradise, at an affordable price. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Black Pearl at Puaikura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puaikura Reef Hotel Arorangi
- The Black Pearl At Puaikura Rarotonga, Cook Islands