Booked as part of a package it ticked the boxes for price, location and friendly staff. Big rooms, gorgeous beach across the road and places to walk. Fruit stalls abound (pawpaw and bananas for breakfast) and there's a mini-mart for provisions, so with the good cooking facilities you can survive without a restaurant (although there are several around). Plus my son and fiancee came later and stayed too in the two extra beds. Sure you get what you pay for but this is good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the sheltered sunset side of the island, the Black Pearl at Puaikura enjoys an enviable location with a pristine beach across the road, safe for swimming and snorkelling; a magical spot to watch the sunset. A mere 15 minutes to downtown Avarua, ten minutes to the airport and twenty minutes to the eclectic hustle and bustle of Muri. Intimately set in tropical gardens around a central salt water swimming pool The Black Pearl’s 12 rooms are spacious with high vaulted ceilings. A bold, vibrant, sometimes quirky colour palette complements the natural colours of the island. All on the ground level each room has a private patio, a view of either the lush garden or sparkling pool – or both. Kitchen facilities mean you can prepare breakfast, a light lunch or dinner in between dining at a great choice of restaurants close by, many of whom offer a free pick up and drop off service. Or choose to use our poolside BBQ. The Black Pearl at Puaikura is a haven for those not wanting a large hotel with multiple bars and restaurants but rather an intimate environment where the emphasis is on personal service, a place where you can lose yourself in a tropical paradise, at an affordable price. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your The Black Pearl at Puaikura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puaikura Reef Hotel Arorangi
- The Black Pearl At Puaikura Rarotonga, Cook Islands