There is honestly nothing that I can say bad about the Manuia Beach Resort! We had a 6 night stay here in early July, and actually got married at the Manuia on the 4th of July.
We got upgraded to a beach front room (#2), but all of the rooms have a porch area for you to sit on and enjoy the peacefulness the hotel offers. Its an 'adult' only hotel, and it wasn't until we stayed at the Edgewater for one night after our honeymoon in Aitutaki that we realised just how peaceful the Manuia was.
The rooms are very spacious and have an outdoor shower - we absolutely loved this! The rooms are modern and very clean.
The resort managers Loren and Alex are out of this world - they would do anything for you. Since we were getting married in Rarotonga, Loren arranged all of the legal things, the suppliers, the celebrant etc, and drove us around the island in her own car to finalise all the details and make sure we were completely happy. On the day, they were a great help - coordinating hair and make up, flowers etc, and it was such a stress free day for myself and husband (he even went snorkelling the morning of the wedding!).
The staff are equally brilliant and very personable. They knew us by name and were very friendly - with the ladies at the bar even offering Cook Island Maori phrases for the hubby to add to his speech!! And the staff lent us their clothes steamer at no charge.
The food at the Restaurant is good and well priced, as are the cocktails. The breakfasts are fine - we've stayed at a few hotels in Rarotonga now, and they all offer the same breakfast, cereals, toasts and spread and local fruits. Manuia has an 'up' on other hotels though - fresh hot pancakes!!
The swimming pool is awesome to look at (didn't get a chance to take a dip, which I'm really gutted about!). The sun loungers are comfy and there are plenty of them.
We loved the resident cat Manuia - such a friendly little fella! We also saw whales just a few hundred meters off shore whilst sitting on our porch. The Manuia is on the sunset side of the island so you get some breathtaking sunsets.
In summary... we are counting down the days until we can go back. We wouldn't stay anywhere else in Rarotonga now, and I'd honestly give Manuia Beach Resort a 10 out of 10.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your Polynesian Paradise at Manuia Beach Resort awaits you... Marvel at the magical sunsets over a sparkling blue lagoon, while lounging on your sheltered, white sandy beach fringed with swaying coconut palms. Wander through the tropical gardens on your way to the beach side infinity pool. Rest your elbows on the pool edge and soak in the view across the beach, through the lagoon onwards to the waves crashing on the barrier reef beyond. Sip a refreshing tropical cocktail delivered to you from the Beaches Restaurant and bar, or enjoy your Polynesian inspired meals in the restaurant while you trail your toes through the sandy floor. Manuia Beach Resort - your Cook Islands resort accommodation - is set right on the beach in private and peaceful surroundings on the sheltered sunset coast of Rarotonga. You will love the authentic Cook Islands style accommodation, with the coconut thatched suites complete with island style decor and modern amenities such as air conditioning. Walk through the sandy path down to the water and be stunned by the beauty of the poolside area. The infinity pool, Beaches Restaurant and Bar with its relaxed authentic Polynesian cuisine, loungers set invitingly facing the beautiful lagoon, and attentive local staff, will all set the stage for your dream Rarotongan get-away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Manuia Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manuia Beach Boutique Avarua
- Hotel Manuia Beach Boutique
- Manuia Beach Resort Rarotonga, Cook Islands