We spent eight nights in a beach-front villa and loved it. Kept an eye on what was going on while sipping cocktails or wine. When no-one was about the sea/sky views were great to just contemplate. We found the restaurant food to be good - we only ate out three times. Breakfast by the pool with unencombered ocean and reef views was very pleasant indeed. Staff were very attentive and friendly but we did wonder what they were thinking when we drank cocktails costing more than their hourly rate! My wife had an issue with the white curtains as darkness at night wasn't available to us. I found the snorkelling just off the beach to be great and would recommend taking an underwater camera. All manner of pretty coloured fish, a couple of small inquisative morays, a flounder and no harm if you're careful with bare hands and coral - I didn't see a stonefish but I was careful where I put sensitive bits of me! The hire bikes over the road are probably the oldest on the island but once ours was fixed we went all over. The inland road is good for a change with the side roads combining to illustrate how the locals live. In general the island has too many chickens and dogs and there were too many people burning foul smelling rubbish when we were there. Recommend the cross-island walk but there are a couple of steep bits - and don't expect a bus back to your transport on the other side around noon on Sunday - they don't run at all for a couiple of hours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your Polynesian Paradise at Manuia Beach Resort awaits you... Marvel at the magical sunsets over a sparkling blue lagoon, while lounging on your sheltered, white sandy beach fringed with swaying coconut palms. Wander through the tropical gardens on your way to the beach side infinity pool. Rest your elbows on the pool edge and soak in the view across the beach, through the lagoon onwards to the waves crashing on the barrier reef beyond. Sip a refreshing tropical cocktail delivered to you from the Beaches Restaurant and bar, or enjoy your Polynesian inspired meals in the restaurant while you trail your toes through the sandy floor. Manuia Beach Resort - your Cook Islands resort accommodation - is set right on the beach in private and peaceful surroundings on the sheltered sunset coast of Rarotonga. You will love the authentic Cook Islands style accommodation, with the coconut thatched suites complete with island style decor and modern amenities such as air conditioning. Walk through the sandy path down to the water and be stunned by the beauty of the poolside area. The infinity pool, Beaches Restaurant and Bar with its relaxed authentic Polynesian cuisine, loungers set invitingly facing the beautiful lagoon, and attentive local staff, will all set the stage for your dream Rarotongan get-away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Manuia Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manuia Beach Boutique Avarua
- Hotel Manuia Beach Boutique
- Manuia Beach Resort Rarotonga, Cook Islands