1,868 results
All reviews kids club spaghetti house island night fish feeding tennis courts garden room beach front activities hut beachfront deluxe crab edge water spa bath games room daily activities air con tropical breakfast school holidays
Selected filters
Reviewed April 5, 2019 via mobile

A sky view of Edgewater Resort Rarotonga.... Great for families and groups .... lots of activities for the kids so they are never bored, if your after spending time in the pool be advised this is a family resort so there are lots of kids but the lagoon out the front is lovely for swimming or snorkeling....
Happy hour perfect only need a few.
Restaurant has a huge menu which changes on different nights.
Good location it is on the Westin side so sunsets can be great.
When we first arrived of cause on an early arrival we were lucky our room was ready which was great until we got to our room.
At first we thought ok this place is really down hill but we did go and see James 2 days later and said could we be moved and within 5 mins we were packing and were moved to a very nice room.
The place is very tired but they are working on it ... fantastic staff and anyone will help you with anything.
Don’t stay in B6!
Enjoy your stay and explore.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
PacifikNomad, Director of Sales at The Edgewater Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2019

Kia Orana angiesJ9776CL and thank you so much for the review of the Edgewater.

The resort is one of the more established hotels on the island and have been offering the same warm Cook Islands Kia Orana for the past 48 years. Over that time the resort have taken care of nearly 500k individuals, couples and families. With very high occupancies over so many years, it has not always been easy to get into the rooms to carry out the necessary renovation and upgrading required. We are thankful for the small windows of low occupancy which has allowed us to carry out much needed work and as you noted from your own stay, that work is going ahead full steam. We are pleased with the quality of the upgrade being done and look forward to the completion of stage one at the end of April.

We trust we will have the opportunity to host you again in one of our new rooms when you return to Rarotonga. Thank you again for your review - Kia Manuia

Reviewed April 4, 2019 via mobile

Everyone made the holiday so comforting, on arrival papa Joe checked us in with his cheeky ways, service with a smile and always a laugh. From check in George-Alex-George guided us to our rooms he was a very happy and helpful person he answered all of our queries and made us feel at home. Throughout the whole stay George and Tama from security, went above and beyond to fulfill all of our needs. We then met Ngairinga, we could not have asked for a better wedding coordinator anything we asked of her was done to the best of her knowledge and power, she made the wedding seem stressless and full of excitement along with her bubbly personality, I want to express my utmost gratitude to her for doing an excellent job and to keep it up. Next was our bar and restaurant staff mainly Ima and Weka both very lovely ladies, they always served us with a smile and kept us very satisfied. Also a big thank you to our house keeping lady Tukana, she was very kind and polite, she is an asset to the edgewater team. And to anyone I have missed a big thank you for making it the experience that it was. I will definitely be making another trip back as soon as I can, all in all it was the best holiday I’ve ever had.
P.s a special thanks to the house keepers that cleaned Villa 26 on 20/03/2019 there would have been wedding cake everywhere

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2019 via mobile

A beautifully located resort on the beach,with a variety of room types available along with seaview rooms and villas!
A very good restaurant and bar adjacent to the pool,very friendly and polite staff and a changing daily menu.
Also has on site car/motorcycle rentals and a local travel office.
Overall a very charming place,with very helpful staff like John at the reception.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 1, 2019 via mobile

I don’t like to complain but not the nicest place to stay, very dated and run down, rooms not the nicest ,aircon leaked after half an hour of using it every time we turned it on, there was a left over soap in our shower from the last people that stayed there. We only had the Shampoo hooked on the wall the body wash was missing. The resort is flooded with children so it’s more a resort for families not couples, I understand the staff were busy but sometimes it would take half and hour for the staff to bring a menu, they were also very rude and blunt every time we went there like they hated their jobs and the Tourists when we just tried to be friendly... we spoke to another couple and they said the same thing. There was a few here and there that were kind but the rest weren’t.The spaghetti house was a lot better then the main restaurant with staff and the food. There was also no free wifi so it was $60 for 2gb so we went into town to Buy a SIM card for cheaper, would recommend paying a little extra and staying somewhere nicer if you prefer that, The only good thing for us was the beach.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2019

I recently had my Wedding here at Edgewater and wanted to let you know that all the staff were absolutely exceptional in every sense.

Right from the time we arrived, we felt like we were at home. George from Security escorted us to our rooms and continued throughout the ENTIRE trip to go above and beyond for everyone in my group. Between George and Tama offering us rides to and from town, constantly coming back and forth escorting everyone to their rooms late at night to make sure they were safe, was always ready with a golf cart to transport my 80 Year old Nan to wherever she needed to go in the resort. Tama and George are true assets to your business, I hope you treasure them dearly.

I left the Ngai at the resort feeling like I was saying goodbye to one of my cousins. She was outstanding in every way. She made sure David and I were comfortable with everyone who was working on the wedding, she corrected anything I threw her way in a flash. On the wedding day went out in the puring rain to set up the ceremony on the beach but she did it with a smile. Her excitement for the fact that we were going ahead with a "Wet wedding" made the experience all the more sincere. Right up until the last day when we finally planted our coconut tree and cut the cake, she was 100% into it. She said that she was appreciative of the fact that she felt like we were family and we all felt like that with her.

The bar staff - Ima and Veka were outstanding. Ima was there at the wedding and I hope she got my $100 I left for her with the head of security. Every single time David and I went to the bar, it was like they had already prepared our drinks. All the bar staff were exceptional, putting up with my groups requests with a smile!

Tukana was our housekeeper the entire time and every single day she serviced our room with a smile. I hope shes well looked after. To all the other staff at Edgewater, I may have forgotten to mention you by name but I do remember your faces. I hope in 2 years when we all return you're still there so I can say hello and thank you again.

I am an Assistant Hotel Manager myself and everywhere I stay I always look for things that I can use back home to improve my own hotel guest experiences and I have to take my hat off to your resort, I could not fault you for a thing.

From the bottom of our heart, We are forever thankful. Until next time!

Oryal & David"