“Just the right mix of resort and relaxation.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Edgewater Resort & Spa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Edgewater Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Arorangi
Auckland
“Just the right mix of resort and relaxation.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2010

Great place to stay, has all the amenities of a resort but retains the Island pace. Fantastic holiday. Staff were terrific.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank ZigmundNZ

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (518)
Broken Hill
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2010

I went to the Cooks for a week of relaxation and this is what I got at the Edgewater. I travel a lot and I found this resort to be one of the best in terms of cleanliness, service and also proximity to all services and attractions. The staff were lovely...very helpful and actually came looking to see if you needed anything which is a rarity! The beach is spotless and service at the Spa was great. Beds were comfy, rooms spacious and food in the restaurant divine.

I judge by the criteria 'would I go back' and yes I would go back to the Edgewater.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank JosephineBrokenHill
Whangarei
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2010

We returned to the Edgewater for the second time and were not disappointed. We had a beach front villa, which is spacious and clean, and had an incredible view from both balconies. While we have definitely fallen in love with Rarotonga the thing that we loved the most about the Edgewater is the staff. I laugh when I read reviews that say the staff are not friendly - I have to think you get what you give. The staff remebered us from our last visit and by the time we left this time my Dad was known to them as Papa and our kids were close to being adopted! The Edgewater staff have incredible senses of humour and for us they totally made this trip special. Kia ora koutou! We will be back!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2010

We had a group of 50 join us for our Wedding at the Edgewater Resort which we chose because it suited a range of budgets for accommodation. The island is full of fun and easy to get around and we'd defo go back to Raro and the Edgewater Resort. We enjoyed the lifestyle - very laid back - just the kind of holiday you want and certainly a better way to ENJOY your wedding! On the wedding side of things - the one thing I know now, is that the wedding coordinators are experience - and there really is no need to take too much table deco etc over - go simple - that's what you're there for really - the flowers are so beautiful and by the time they put candles on the tables too - what else do you really need?!! I over did it a bit due to being unsure of what to expect. My advice is to communicate with your wedding coordinator and ask all and any question you like – they’re very good via email I found. If you do want favors for your guests you can have that organised over there rather than take them yourself. One thing that's really important on the day is your photographer - again I was unsure what to expect but I HIGHLY RECOMMENDED Junior Marsters from Nior Photography. He was awesome - he had us relax and have fun so we had a lot of gorgeous romantic photos and fun ones too. It was a relief as it was a big deal on the big day to know your photographer was “TOPS”! Everything was organised via the wedding coordinator and they see you once you arrive and go over everything. Just don't be afraid to check things - as they have a laid back lifestyle not quite like us Kiwi's who ensure all details are taken care of. We chose a DJ for entertainment after dinner /formalities - he was FANTASTIC also - our whole wedding group partied big time - even those who actually never dance! Unfortunately I can’t remember who he was – sorry. Also, do not stress if it is raining on the day – just hope that it stops raining for your photos. We were actually very pleased that it wasn’t full of sunshine on the day as that clouds were stunning in our photos and we weren’t squinting in any of them – so not so bad to have wet weather on your wedding day! Overall I was very pleased with how everything went – only small things that weren’t up to scratch in my own opinion. In general at the Edgewater, I did find that some staff were super friendly towards you which was fantastic but that also some of them weren’t as friendly or helpful – but hey we’re all human.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bec_P_2009
Christchurch, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2010

I decided to take my boyfriend to Rarotonga spontaneously. I've been to Raro before and stayed at the Raro Beach Resort and Spa which was exceptional (for a family) but I figured seeing as he hadn't been overseas before, he wouldn't really know what he was missing as we were on a budget. We stayed in a Deluxe Beachfront Room, which I managed to get at a fairly cheap price with industry discounts. The room was very spacious, it had a spa in the bathroom and a balcony on to the beach. The decor was quite dated but then, you generally find that in 3 to 4 star resorts on the island. Amenities were limited. If I had to pay full price, I would definitely pay more and stay somewhere else and any room type below the deluxe beachfront I would not even consider. The staff were not overly friendly and I had major issues trying to purchase internet time. However, they have a great Island Night held in the restaurant. All up, the resort is very middle range and badly in need of refurbishment.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
NZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2010

We stayed in the villas which are sort of at the edge of the resort. A great combination - a good sized three bedroom villa which allowed us to self cater - but we used the restaurant for breakfast each morning as part of the package - recommend this option.
The facilities were fine for us - pool, beach, snorkelling gear and complimentary towels. Yup, thats all we needed.
Onsite rental car office (Budget) was a good easy place to pick up a car for the last few days to explore the island.
Some people note the Edgewater is getting tired - I would surmise this depends on where you stay as it is a big complex, definitely the restaurant is due for a makeover, but the rest semed to be environment wear and tear - it is on the waters edge, and living by the sea the sea conditions can be harsh, all and all though great service and great location... magical sunsets...

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Rotorua
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2009

Stayed here in Aug 09 and everything was orsum!!!!!! Went back and stayed in Dec 09 and it was excellent to get the same welcome - smiling faces and warm welcome, oh and the service was very friendly as well. If you need something all you need to do is ask - you will never know if you dont ask upon arrival.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KaiTePuariki
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arorangi
Muri Beach Club Hotel
Club Raro
Club Raro
#3 of 5 in Avarua
Pacific Resort Rarotonga

Been to The Edgewater Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!