“Rarotongan Bliss”

The Edgewater Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Arorangi
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We had a great stay at Edgewater Resort in March 2004. The weather was warm along with the nights.
The meals in the restaurant were good value and the breakfasts which were built in with the cost of staying there were also great. Also the bar is reasonably priced in the drinks department also, but the price of the fresh water at $7 a litre seems to be a bit high and can be bought in the local shops for $2.50 for 3ltrs.
The staff that rent cars from the reception are and can be rude to deal with as can some of the shop people, they need to remember that it is the traveller that pay their wages as without us visiting there the island would be in a bit of a state.

Room Tip: Go for a view over the Lagoon up the top floor :-)
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GrantsDunedin
Write a ReviewReviews (1,649)

Reviewed April 9, 2014

This is a excellent Hotel in Rarotonga. The pool is beautiful the beach below the pool and restaurant was beautiful you could also feed fish in the sea. the daily activities at the resort were fabulous and very much enjoyed and i liked the crab racing.
Our room was not flash but it was nice had a good air conditioning system installed we were in a garden room i would recommend the ocean front rooms they look alot newer and better views.
The breakfast we got everyday at the breakfast bar was delicious and we were happy with what we paid for they even played rugby on a big screen when the All Blacks played which was a bonus aswell.

Room Tip: If you are looking for luxury i suggest the Beach front rooms which look very nice.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Edgewater2015, The Edgewater Team at The Edgewater Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2015

Kia Orana,

Your review is very descriptive, it is enjoyable to read thank you for taking the time to post this. It is always a pleasure hearing that our guest enjoy their stay with us, we hope that this was memorable for you. We look forward to welcoming you back to our shores someday soon.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

We only stayed for one night and then paid for another due to the lateness of our flight out at 1.45am the following day and a late check out was not guaranteed at the time of booking. This type of accommodation is not usually where we stay but was suitable for what we required. I think it is well suited to the budget conscious person who wants a bit of everything at their fingertips and that is why it suited us. Rooms were clean and we had a spa in ours that we didnt use but nice soft towels and also towels that could be used on the beach. The bed was comfortable, however the airconditioner was very noisy and leaked. I think a bit of maintenance is required as the towel rail was coming away from the wall. Having the bus call in and pick up passengers is a plus. The breakfast was nice with fresh fruit and coffee, muffins, cereal and toast. We dined one night at the Spaghetti and pizza restaurant at the front of the drive in to Edgewater and it was a very nice experience. As Edgewater is one of the most advertised package deals you see all the time they obviously are doing something to attract guests. The majority of staff were more than helpful but I did notice a difference from a previous visit as a diner a few years back, seems the Rarotonga that I loved last time is now a very busy tourist destination and not the same as I remembered it.

Room Tip: Ocean/reef outlook if you want to sit out and watch a sunset. Floor level if stairs are not manageab...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Kia Orana, We arrived late Monday night, 31 2014 ,To be greeted by a great person called Bobby, who showed us up to our room 1021, were there was every thing we needed , also great views , in the morning we went down to breakfast were we were meet buy more lovely staff, we went to the book exchange were a lovely lady also worked so plesent, loved the walks down the beach also snorkeling was amazing once again great people at the activities hut. We were in Rarotonga for a wedding so there were over 50 of us on the iland , I cannot say enough about the lovely staff at the Edgewater , we left on April the 5th . From Michael Johnson & Melody Mccombe , we already miss the Edgewater Resort & Spa , and the lovely people , we will return until then have a great day

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Mike J
Edgewater2015, Guest Relations Manager at The Edgewater Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2015

Kia Orana and Warm greetings Mike,

Great to hear that you had a fantastic stay with us here at the resort, thank you very much for your positive feedback. We are delighted that you got to experience great service and that the staff attended to your expectation. We look forward to welcoming you back to our shores someday.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

I stayed here again for work not of my choice. As I got into Rarotonga just after dinner time. I was in garden room which had balcony, nice to have that. I ordered room service. Food was not good for a resort, the curry was less than average and given they employ Fijian staff at the resort, I expected a better curry. The roti was inedible as it was hard. In the morning I had flight to Aitutaki and can you believe it- no hot water for a shower! I called reception and waited as they said they would have someone to fix so waited until I really had to check out to catch flight. I told reception how unhappy I was and that I would reconsider my booking for my return week back after Aitutaki. Reception said they would ensure an upgrade if I returned. I did return with intrepidation but reception had remembered and upgraded to VIP deluxe suite, top floor. Lovely man to take my bags up the flight of stairs, so far good start. I highly recommend this section of resort. What I did notice was the vast improvement of the friendliness and helping attitude of reception since my previous visit and review. Well done! Buffet breakfast was adequate but please, come around with the coffee pot.

There are really good places to eat if you don't need to stay on the resort. You can easily catch the bus to take you around the island. There is also a discount, just ask the driver.

I also discovered the book library onsite that one can swap a book- and there were some really good titles, what a find! Also you can find really cheap second hand books in the shop.

Again, felt safe enough here as a solo traveller which is really important. You can get away from the crowds by going just a little distance on the beach.

Aircon is tired and noisy, some refurbishments should be done. So a variable experience but I am glad I complained and I was very satisfied with the outcome.

Room Tip: Top floor to not be disturbed if you're a light sleeper
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We spent a week staying here with some friends while we were in Rarotonga for a wedding and it was great!

While it was fairly basic, the rooms were clean, large and very comfortable. The staff were friendly and really went out of their way to help you.

The buffet breakfasts were good with lots of fresh fruit and other options. Happy hour cocktails were always a highlight!

The resort is pretty close to the main township and the onsite Polynesian Rentals office made it really easy to hire a scooter or car and book in any activity we wanted to do.

What was really great about the resort was the location. Set right on one of the lagoons, it also got the full focus of the sunsets which were quite something to see.

There are a lot of room options, but I'd definitely recommend the beachfront rooms.

Room Tip: The beachfront rooms have a fantastic view of the sunset! The waves can be pretty noisy though.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MorningStar29

Kia Orana MorningStar29,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay at the resort. We are very delighted to hear that your stay with us was convenient and most of all comfortable. We hope that you will consider visiting us someday soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Good location n very friendly staff. Gun program at night, spent amazing new years eve there. Buffet breakfast was good, lots of fruit. DinING at the resort restaurant was yummy. However room was bit rundown. Noisy aircondiction. Average cleaness.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arorangi
Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel
The Rarotongan Beach Resort & Spa
Club Raro
Club Raro
#2 of 5 in Avarua

Been to The Edgewater Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!