We traveled with 2 other couples, and stayed in the garden rooms. We had 3 rooms all next to each other as requested. The rooms were very clean and very pleasant. Rooms were very big, with loads of storage for putting your stuff away, which is great for extended stays. A/C as well as ceiling fan. Tea and coffee supplied and a fridge.
Grounds were meticulously maintained, and afforded good privacy whilst sitting outside on our deck ( we were ground floor ).
Restaurant was good, and the food of a good standard and well priced.
Staff were without exception very pleasant and helpful.
The beach is small, but nice, and the snorkeling is good at high tide.
Scooter hire is available on site, with temporary Raro licence issued until you go to town to get proper one.
HOWEVER.....the paths around the entire resort are concrete with inset crazy paving of white tiles. These become lethally slippery when wet. The resort is aware of this, and has signs everywhere warning of this, but why persist with them when they are so slippery? I would suggest they apply a layer of clear resin, with a fine sprinkle of fine grit whilst wet, and that would solve the problem, whilst still looking very nice.
At check out, we had an issue with the bill, they had overcharged me on the room rate ( we had booked direct ), and I had to show them a copy of my confirmation before they would listen to me. It took over an hour of aggravation before I finally got them to understand, and they then adjusted the account after some further ado. Even then it was different to what it should have been, but in my favour to the tune of about $150.00. I pointed this out ( fairs fair ) and to their credit they said that was OK and we settled. Our two lots of friends also had issues.
When all is said and done, I would happily stay again as it is a very nice resort and represents very good value...just watch the paths when its raining and check your bill!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect choice for your family holiday, dream wedding or indulgent Cook Islands honeymoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your The Edgewater Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Edgewater Hotel Arorangi
- The Edgewater Resort And Spa
- Edgewater Hotel Arorangi
- Edgewater Resort Arorangi
- Edgewater Rarotonga
- Edgewater Resort Rarotonga
- The Edgewater Resort & Spa Rarotonga, Cook Islands