We have just returned from an amazing holiday in Rarotonga - a must for anyone thinking about a holiday in one of the Pacific Islands......we will definitely return!!!
I made contact with Yvonne from The Edgewater at the time of booking our accommodation and arranged for an upgrade to the Beachfront Deluxe Suites staying on the 3rd floor so that we could stay in comfort and be able to enjoy the view!! I must admit that after reading some reviews on TripAdvisor just before we left I was sceptical as to whether that would actually happen but I needn't have worried. Yvonne had organised everything and we did indeed end up on the top floor in the suites!!
Our rooms were cleaned every morning, the meals at the resort were very tasty, the cocktails were very moreish and the atmosphere was great! The staff were friendly and accommodating.....nothing was a problem! The spa in the suites was very relaxing at the end of the day and even eased the sunburn!!!
We hired scooters from Budget who's office was at the resort and this was hassle free and great considering it was all on hand. Hiring scooters is definitely a must as we had so much fun and explored the island at our leasure. Even though the cost of petrol was $2.67 a litre it only cost us $19 for 4 full days of fun!!!
I'd suggest Cafe Salsa for coffee lovers, Trader Jacks for seafood lovers and Dockside Burgers for burger and wrap lovers......all at reasonable prices too! For cheap drinks try happy hour from 4-6pm at the sailing club just near town - all drinks were $2.50 and normal prices outside happy hour were $5......cheaper than most pubs in NZ at full rate anyway!!!
The bonus of Rarotonga is that it's NZ dollars and not expensive as we had been warned it would be. A truly fantastic destination!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect choice for your family holiday, dream wedding or indulgent Cook Islands honeymoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Edgewater Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Edgewater Hotel Arorangi
- The Edgewater Resort And Spa
- Edgewater Hotel Arorangi
- Edgewater Resort Arorangi
- Edgewater Rarotonga
- Edgewater Resort Rarotonga
- The Edgewater Resort & Spa Rarotonga, Cook Islands