“Kayak Hire”

Adventure Cook Islands
Ranked #2 of 8 things to do in Arorangi
More attraction details
Owner description: Adventure Cook Islands is Rarotonga's Dive and Adventure Specialist with a difference. Our PADI Dive Center team strives for excellence and we guarantee you some of the best diving our island has to offer. Our divemasters and instructors have many years of diving experience around the island and are amongst the most experienced dive guides on the island. We specialize in small groups for more personalised dive experiences rather than catering for the masses. Our Reef To See Dive and Snorkel Adventures include guided scuba dives to Rarotonga's best dive sites, PADI dive courses, intro dives, guided outer reef snorkel trips and freediving trips. On land, our Island Way Adventures include Cook Islands Dance and Drum Lessons for small and bigger groups and Raemaru Mountain Treks. To explore Rarotonga on your own, you can rent everything you need to explore the island from our Adventure Hire fleet: scooters, bicycles, kayaks, snorkel gear and bodyboards.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Taupo
“Kayak Hire”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We ordered 2 kayak's before leaving New Zealand for our 10 day stay in Rarotonga. We received a good discount for long term hire. The kayaks were delivered on time on the day and picked up on time when our hire was finished. The kayaks were in good condition - so overall excellent service where sometimes in Rarotonga the service can be very slow. Thanks guys.

Visited September 2013
reef2see, Owner at Adventure Cook Islands, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Kia Orana Dot,
Thank you for your review about your kayak hire experience with us, it is very much appreciated and I hope that you will use our services again in the future.

Carrigart, Ireland
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Karl C”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I had intended to dive with another company, as I'd not heard of Adventure Cook Islands, but I spotted the office while out cycling and dropped in for a price quote. I was made to feel welcome by Karina and the the price was much lower than the other dive companies. Morning dive arranged, I turned up to meet Patrick and Paul and discovered that I was the only customer for that morning, accompanied by Paul, the Instructor on a small but ideal boat. Paul selected both dive sites and impressed me with very competent boat skills while we got to know each other on the short trip out. Although there was surface swell the visibility was excellent and the coral was much more amazing than anything I'd ever seen before. Due to Paul's expert guidance and experience we witnessed several sharks hiding in the coral that I would have otherwise missed. Paul pointed out some spectacular features of the coral, plant and animal life and then we surfaced for a bottle change and relax while drifting to the second site. Adjacent boats from other companies had to return to harbour for the bottle change! Both dives were definitely the top of my dive experiences and I would thoroughly recommend this small, efficient and friendly company over any other.

Visited August 2013
reef2see, Owner at Adventure Cook Islands, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Kia Orana Karl,
Meitaki maata for your review about our operation, it is very much appreciated. I also let Gary know that you posted a great review about your experience with him as I know he will appreciate it too (we don't have a Paul working for us but I know it was Gary that took you out that day as I remember him saying that you two drifted from Tupapa to Ngatipa).

Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
“Two Tank Dive”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I had a great time on my two tank dive trip to Avaavaroa drop off and Papua Passage with Patrick and Karina. These operators were professional and friendly. I was amazed at seeing huge Yellowfin Tuna, Green Turtles and Eagle Rays in exceptionally clear water.

Visited July 2013
Hi Dan,
Thanks a lot for your good review about your dive experience with us, I am happy you enjoyed your dives with our company.
All the best,
Sydney, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Bicycle Hire”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I hired bicycles from here on 2 occasions. It was quick and easy, and they continued the multi-day discount for me on my 2nd visit (thanks). The bikes aren't fantastic, but neither are the roads. They did stand up to the potholes and bumps without a puncture, which amazed me. I opted for a bike with a basket on my 2nd visit and it was much better. The tape on the seat was not quite so good, as my pants kept sticking to it.

Overall, it was cheap bike hire with sturdy, reliable bikes that got me around the island a couple of times.

1 Thank ZenTourist
reef2see, Owner at Adventure Cook Islands, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Kia Orana ZenTourist,
Thank you very much for your review about our bicyle hire, it is very much appreciated. I am pleased to hear that our bikes got you around the island a few times without any problems. As you already mentioned, the conditions in Rarotonga are pretty tough on bikes and we try to keep all of our Merida, Apollo, Avanti and Raleigh bikes in good working condition so they can withstand the rough roads.
Whangarei, New Zealand
“Awesome trip”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Patrick and Karina made the dive very easy and hassle free in the very short amount of time we gave them. Patrick gave us good options to cater to our diving experience and came through with Sharks, Turtles and amazing coraI. I would definitely dive with them again.

Visited August 2013
reef2see, Owner at Adventure Cook Islands, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Hi Paul,

I am glad you enjoyed diving with, thanks for the good review!