“Pleasant”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I ate here for lunch one day and the place was almost deserted. I really enjoyed the seared tuna salad and the local Matutu lager has a real beer flavour - delicious to wash the food down on a warm day! Being almost the only one there, service was excellent and friendly in the usual island manner.

1  Thank Hoss007
There are newer reviews for The Anchorage Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Just returned from a weeks holiday at Sunset Resort.We dined here almost every night, because we just did not want to chance missing out on the wonderful food.We caught some Tuna on a charter and took it to the chef, and he prepared it a couple of ways for us,and it was the best fish I'd had all week.All other meals were just as memorable,with the bar staff and waitresses doing a standout job.Tony runs a great restaurant.Do yourselves a favour and eat here.

1  Thank Brett P
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We visited The Anchorage Restaurant and Bar for lunch one day. It was VERY hot and stuffy and although the staff put the fan on, it would have been more helpful to open up the sides of the restaurant.

We will all very disappointed with our meals. Not at all impressed. Won't be coming back again.

1  Thank Love2create
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I dined here for breakfast and dinner on separate days late March. The cooked breakfast was scrambled eggs with very fatty under-cooked bacon (microwaved?) and a oily soggy hash brown - eeek I could only eat the eggs.

The dinner was on their BBQ evening. A dirty old bbq was wheeled out in front of everyone. Fish, steaks and chops were placed on it and continuously turned over many times during the cooking process - it was all pale instead of browned and sealed as you would expect on a bbq grill - although it tasted okay, it was disappointing. The salad bar has a good variety and some good salads.

My meals were below average by Sydney standards. Apparently there is a new restaurant manager now so hopefully she has or will fix it.

1  Thank 2014traveller-b
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Was recently taken to the Anchorage for a work dinner.
I had often seen the sign advertising this restaurant however because it is down a long driveway you weren't able to see anything.

I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. Whilst the restaurant doesn't have a sea view the restaurant had a lovely feel to it.
All of the meals were of good size and quality and everyone enjoyed their meals.
I would definately consider returning to the Anchorage again.

1  Thank EmmaAuckland