“A great restaurant on the beach”

Oceans Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #4 of 15 Restaurants in Arorangi
Cuisines: Polynesian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Oceans Restaurant & Bar is located on the waterfront with indoor and beach dining under a billion stars and sand between your toes. Sunsets guaranteed daily. Daily triple happy hours three times per day where you 'buy one, get one free'. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, including hugely popular theme nights including Island Feast & Cultural Show on Mon + Thu, Steak & BBQ Ribs & Salad Buffet on Fri. Beautiful setting. Gracious Polynesian service.
Reviewed July 19, 2011

The Oceans Restaurant was of high quality - great service from very friendly staff who insisted that they could bring food and drinks to us on the beach in front of the resort. The choice of food, from breakfast, lunch and dinner was unbelievable and cooked to perfection.
Cost of food was cheaper than in New Zealand.

CBR-GM, Manager at Oceans Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2011

Kia Orana,

Thank you for your kind words about your recent dining experience at Oceans Restaurant & Bar.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your many meals including the complimentary full breakfast service, the cafe style lunch service and the informal a la carte dinner & theme nights scheduled throughout the week.

We are equally pleased to read that you found our pricing comparatively cheaper than a similar standard in New Zealand, notwithstanding the fact that we have to ship or fly in our food items.

Our team of Cook Islanders are happy to serve you on the beach or by the grand pool, with hospitality that comes straight from the heart: Warm. Unpretentious. Island Style.

We hope to see you again, soon.

Ms Mii Pauka
Manager - Oceans Restaurant & Bar
Crown Beach Resort & Spa, Cook Islands, South Pacific Islands

There are newer reviews for Oceans Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed July 15, 2011

We traveled by the clockwise bus and arrived at the cultural night full of excitement and anticipation as we had heard it was the best show on the island. Our group of eight saw straight away that it was a full house. Unfortunate then that there was no record of the phone booking we had made the day beforehand. This situation could so easily have turned into a nightmare but the staff handled it beautifully, setting up a table off to the side on the sand with a lovely view to the beach. Service was a little slow but considering the circumstances this was to be expected. We were starving and the buffet was very welcome when we were called to dish up our meal. The various exotic looking dishes weren't labelled but a very helpful diner in front of me explained what each was and I really appreciated this. Being a buffet I thought that I would grab lots of everything then just eat the parts I liked but I ended up clearing my whole plate! Then it was time for the show to start. As our table was on the beach we went and stood at the back so we could see the stage. The hostess came up to us and said we could sit on some extra chairs in the area where the buffet was now closed so we ended up right at the front. I so enjoyed the show, being completely naive to the fact that at the end my friends and I would end up on the stage! I was terrified at first but the dancers were so friendly and put us palangi at ease. I'm sure our dancing was at best a comedy but we did have a lot of fun. The main thing I want to convey is that problems will happen - it's how they are handled that really counts. And Ocean's Restaurant at Crown Beach was a really entertaining and fun night out. Highly recommended.

1  Thank sunnydaynz

Kia Orana,

We apologise for losing your reservation for your table of 8 at our fabulous Thursday Island Feast & Cultural Show featuring the magnificent 'Akirata Dance Troupe'. It was a crazy night with 146 diners. We were pleased to read that you did not mind sitting on the beach, under a billion stars, with sand between your toes.

We are pleased to read that you loved our Island Feast - with a selection of over 30 traditional dishes including meats, seafood, hot vegetables, salads and heavenly desserts.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your side-front row seats to the cultural show, and we are proud of you for accepting the dancers invitation to join them on stage with the 'Ura Piani'. The key to remember is that you gave it your all, and you had a great time dancing.

Our team of Cook Islanders are trained to apply common sense to issues that arise from time to time. Lastly, we absolutely loved looking after your family group and we do hope to see you again, soon.

Ms Mii Pauka
Manager - Oceans Restaurant & Bar
Crown Beach Resort & Spa - Cook Islands - South Pacific Islands

Reviewed June 15, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Crown beach for 6 days and had a wonderful time dining at Oceans Restaurant. The staff are super friendly and very efficient. Happy to bring us drinks out to the beach loungers or on the hammocks and always with a friendly smile. The Island Nights are good fun and the buffets are great quality and very delicious. Especially the desserts. We have travelled to all the South Pacific Islands and the Cook Islands has most definitely the best food of them all. The breakfasts include a choice of cooked breakfasts from omelettes, full cooked, french toast etc at no extra charge. The only remark I can make is I thought it was an odd choice to use French bread stick for the french toast but it was delicious with the fried banana and bacon. Lunches are good although a little samey as the choices don't alternate at all but a good choice of salads, burgers, chicken dishes etc. And to top it all off the excellent happy hours perfectly timed to coincide with the best sunset on the island. We also had several tours booked which departed before the 8am restaurant opening time, but you can order a breakfast pack from reception which is delivered the night before, at no extra cost. The pack is huge! We had cereal, bircher muesli, fruit, juice, yoghurt, bread and choice of jams...Great work!

CBR-GM, Manager at Oceans Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2011

Kia Orana,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed all your meals at Oceans, including the complimentary hot breakfast & continental buffet, the value for money lunches, the affordable dinners, our highly-acclaimed Island Feast & Cultural Show on Mon & Thu, and not forgetting, our world-famous triple Happy Hour where you buy 1, get 1 free.

My team and I love our beachfront space and we thoroughly enjoy looking after our discerning guests. I am pleased to advise that we have just received our brand-spanking-new espresso machine all the way from Italy. We can now provide our guests world-class coffees. Hooray!

We've got more product & service improvements to be rolled out in the near future which will make Oceans Restaurant one of the favourite places to be.

We hope to see you again, soon.

Mii Pauka - Restaurant Manager
Oceans Restaurant & Bar - Crown Beach Resort & Spa
Cook Islands - South Pacific Islands.

Reviewed May 24, 2011

This is what you expect in a tropical island. The view which includes the sunset was heaven on earth. Overlooking the fabulous beach. You could sit with your feet in the sand and have the very friendly attentive staff catering to your every need with enthusiasm. The only negative comments I would have is that I expected the breakfast to be a buffet and they had fresh fruit and bircher muesli - the rest you ordered. I guess this is a good way to make sure it is all fresh. Also at lunchtime we ordered a fresh fruit platter and got apple, orange and banana with a couple of slices of fresh coconut. We expected tropical fruit so were a little disappointed. Spoke to the chef about it, he said there was a shortage of tropical fruit but we know people where they get their fruit from and they said it wasn't true. The overall experience was fabulous though including a very professional island night with lovely food. I have been to island nights at the Edgewater and Rarotongan - this was cheaper and far better than both of those in my opinion

CBR-GM, Restaurant Services Manager at Oceans Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2011

Kia Orana,

We are pleased to read that you loved the beachfront dining where have sand between your toes. Our restaurant service staff are a lively bunch and their style is delivered straight from the heart, without pretence.

We have amended our breakfast service to have cold selections on the buffet, and hot selections on order to ensure fresh & hot breakfast meals delivered to your table. This new arrangement has resulted in high ratings for our breakfast service. Importantly, this American style breakfast service is free to all our VIP in-house guests.

We note your comment about the selection of fruit. Our purchasing department manages a large volume of daily stock orders and has a policy of buying from consistent suppliers to ensure long term provisions. Whilst there are many small fruit vendors around the island, they are not consistent with their supplies and quantities, which, if not managed well, can disrupt restaurant operations.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed our Island Feast & Cultural Shows on Mondays and Thursdays featuring top class cultural entertainment by Rarotonga's top dance groups. Our island cuisine is just gorgeous and is made with a lot of love & care. Cook Islanders, the best judges of Island cuisine, attend our Island Nights in droves as they too give us top marks for cuisine & cultural entertainment. Furthermore, our pricing structure is extremely competitive giving diners the best value for money on Rarotonga!

Lastly, our three daily happy hour programs where you 'buy one get one free' is hugely popular and we are pleased to read that you absolutely loved all the cocktails that you sampled.

All in all, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you dine with us again, soon.

David Samuel
Restaurant Services Manager - Crown Beach Resort & Spa
Cook Islands, South Pacific Islands

Reviewed April 6, 2011

Stopped off for lunch at Crown Beach Resort and had lunch in the Oceans restaurant.
Beautifull surroundings,unfortunately the pool had gone green and overflowed into part of the restaurant which can happen in an unperfect world.
Ordered a Heineken but they were unfortunately out,same with the Corona,ended up getting some local beer that was on tap,ok must have had a party the night before and drunk the place dry.
We then ordered a burger,sorry no patties,what about a steak sandwich,sorry no steak,oh we'll have fish and chips as a last resort.
Well I don't know how many trips it had done to the fryer but you could have played cricket with it likewise the chips a Machete would have helped.
I should have said something at the time but I'm too easy going.
Upon reflection I was disappointed that a resort of this high standard would allow this to happen but unless people report these things nothing is done.
To be honest we were staying at a resort not far away that was 1/4 the price and 4 times as good,something to work on.

CBR-GM, General Manager at Oceans Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2011

Kia Orana,

Crown Beach Resort & Spa presents 36 standalone villas and suites on 5 acres of prime property with 140 meters of icing sugar beach that fronts a sparkling lagoon for the discerning traveller seeking something beyond the ordinary. Many resorts in the village feature rooms in 'concrete blocks' for less. Our premium guests are happy with their individual stylised villas and suites. Each to his own.

Our grand mineral water pool has been corrected as mechanical parts were not available on Rarotonga and had to be flown in from New Zealand.

Your experience of food & beverage services at Oceans Restaurant is extremely bizzare. We carry ample supplies of food & beverage and I cannot imagine that our New Zealand Sous Chef in charge of Oceans Restaurant would allow a shortage of 'meat patties' or 'beef steak'. As for the rock hard fish & chips - I find this very hard to believe since this is our 2nd most popular lunch meal (according to monthly sales reports).

All in all, Crown Beach Resort & Spa continues to strive for excellence and continues to meet & exceed the discerning needs of its well heeled customers.

Rohan Ellis

As for the tipple of your choice, we carry large supplies of Heineken. We dont stock Corona Beer.