“worth a visit”

Alberto's Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 15 Restaurants in Arorangi
Cuisines: European
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Four of us had a meal here and we all tried the fish which appeared most appetising. The meal was good but the service a little slow. we did wander if they had noticed us come in as we appeared to be ignored for some time. The price was pretty upmarket for Rarotonga and I feel they shouldn't need to be charging Auckland prices on the islands. Would recommend you give this a go as the food was really very good.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

Great restaurant to go to..... We had a 9 day holiday at Rarotanga and tried many different restaurants for lunch and dinner.
Alberto's was certainly the best place to relax and have really good food.
The place might not look as flash as some other restaurants, but with friendly staff and excellent food,but as a former chef I can say this is a place to go!

Reviewed July 31, 2014

We craved a break from the wonderful seafood found throughout Rarotonga.
Alberto's has a fine Italian menu and I sampled the Spaghetti once again.
We also shared the separate salad bar, and a glass of red wine.
The spaghetti was traditional Italian, the salad fine, and the wine tasty.
As usual, it was a low key evening, very relaxing, with good food.
Consistantly excellent!

Reviewed July 31, 2014

Tried this place on a limb and had the worst dinning experience. my prawns were rubbery from being over cooked both my partner and I got the sword fish his was a little bit over cooked with he wasn't to worried about, I still swear to this day that I got dry pork! they don't let you eat your meal in piece and hover around asking every 2 seconds if everything is alright when you can clearly tell! didn't even finish our meal we were both so uncomfortable!

1  Thank becky544
Reviewed July 25, 2014

An enjoyable time in a restaurant with local colour and character. We found all the staff very friendly, polite, patient and helpful. The meal was well prepared, tasty, tender and cooked to the degree of doneness I that I asked for. Salads were fresh ( crisp lettuce ) and tasty ( especially the curried Pawpaw ) and considering we were on an island that has the expense of bringing in a lot of the food items in from overseas I felt the selection was good, varied and very reasonably priced. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and found the "laid back" island approach and atmosphere refreshing. I find it very difficult to equate our time at Alberto's with some of the negative comments in some reviews. One must remember we are in the islands and in a place where other patrons are enjoying their meals. I do not feel any restaurant is a place where children should run free for both health and safety reasons and as a matter of courtesy to other diners. I would most certainly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Smileeone2014