“Keep on going!”

Alberto's Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 15 Restaurants in Arorangi
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Wed Apr 2, Night hadn't started out the greatest already as the original restaurant I had wanted to dine at was closed for a function and the bus driver kept recommending here so I agreed.

After trying to figure out where to seat me I ended up in the little enclosed verandah type area and a friendly waitress and her trainee waiting on me.

After I had the perused the menu the trainee came over, explained she was new and learning and I told her that was no worries and then explained what I wanted. The menu stated I had a choice of a baked potato with butter or sour cream....Confirmed with her 3 times I wanted sour cream and out came the butter.

I was then told they had a salad bar....Selection not bad but a little limiting.

Then after I got the meal and am enjoying to be honest an average steak and my potato the trainee waits until im halfway through my main course and asks if i'll be ordering dessert???? Really???? I get that she's learning but surely anyone knows that comes off as a bit rude...At least wait until people finish meals before asking if they want anything else

Finished my meal and decided to just pay and get out of there...To be perfectly honest the steak was only average and I wouldn't tell anyone they had to go there.

2  Thank Harvsman
There are newer reviews for Alberto's Restaurant

Reviewed April 24, 2014

One of the tour operators recommended Alberto's for steak, and they were not wrong! Welcomed in, the place was quite busy and I ordered the steak special - rib eye fillet with baked potato and salad plus an unexpected sticky date pudding for dessert. Coupled with some good red wine, the meal met all my expectations - the best steak I've had in a long time! Service was exemplary - all the floor staff came to check on me throughout the meal, including the owners. A couple of customers did too, asking about my meal!

Reviewed April 13, 2014

This is a definite must for eating out when in Rarotonga. Lovely restaurant, very friendly staff and the food was amazing, so full we couldn't even help ourselves to any salad. The owners should be very proud of the food and service they provide. We loved it.

Kiwi Girls

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Definitely recommend this restaurant 100%. The service is great, the food is amazing and great value, you will be very full when you walk out and happy! I can recommend the steak special and the catch of the day (grilled swordfish).

Reviewed April 8, 2014

The food here was amazing. I had a steak which was huge, perfectly cooked and melt in the mouth. This was the best meal we had in Rarotonga and was the quality of a top class Auckland restaurant.