“Disappointing” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wind Jammer Restaurant - CLOSED

Wind Jammer Restaurant
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Cook Islands leading affordable fine dining restaurant with first class cuisine, international service and candle-lit setting. Modern Italian cuisine using the freshest produce and the highest-grade meats. Every meal is created from scratch. Desserts are top class using the best imported ingredients. An absolutely beautiful dining experience. Italian wines available too.
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

We went to Windjammer because it was recommended to us and we were very disappointed. The welcome on arrival was unenthusiastic and the staff had not bothered to call back and confirm my booking after my voice message was received. Luckily they had reserved a table for us. The service was prompt. I ordered the veal which was exceptional. The flavours were lovely and it was cooked to perfection. My husband ordered the 'crisp' pork belly (as per the menu) and it had a nice flavour but the pork was dry and there was not an ounce of crispiness. It was completely soggy on top. We didn't complain about the pork because I had been very impressed with my meal... although when we received the bill we wished we had complained. I had ordered a sparkling mineral water to drink and was horrified to be changed ten dollars for it (300ml bottle). My husband ordered a gin and tonic which on the menu was listed as eight dollars but we had also been charged ten dollars for this. It seems the staff took it upon themselves to serve up the top shelf gin seeing as though we had not requested the cheapest option. It wasn't the extra cost that bothered us ... it was the sneaky money-making scheme that we felt we'd been sucked into. I don't mind paying for good food and service but being ripped off leaves me feeling bitter. I would not go back to Windjammer.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Melbourne, Australia
“Still the best fine dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

We never had a bad meal in this restaurant, the food and the service is top class. I had the tuna carpaccio and the duck breast entres and my other half had the pork belly. All was absolutely beautiful. We shared the passionfruit panna cotta which was also very tasty.

Mitchells Island, New South Wales, Australia
“5 Star Dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

We really enjoyed Wind jammer Restaurant located at the Crown Beach Resort. The atmosphere is beautiful with spacious seating, polynesian architecture and friendly staff. The food was definately 5 star with a nice menu selection for all tastes. Well priced. There is live piano entertainment, although not the night we were there, but has been spoken of by fellow travellers as very good. Lovely wines from various regions. Staff were friendly, attentive (but not overly), prompt and professional. I would definately retrun on my next holiday to Raro.

Sydney Australia
“Quality food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

Good menu , wine list and quality food but not much atmosphere. Located street side of Resort property to attract passers by but lacks any real ambience. If you want good food though worth a visit.

“Brilliant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

Windjammer exceeded my high expectations. Hands down the best meal I found on the rock. So good we went back for our "last supper" before leaving paradise.