“Don't miss this spot”

Zotter Chocolate Factory
Ranked #1 of 15 things to do in Riegersburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Once upon the time around 1990 there was a master confectioner who thought that all the existing chocolate creations on the market are simply a little bit too boring. So after business hours he started to explore in the quietness of his company’s back room...
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed August 22, 2014

Whenever you are close to Feldbach, don't miss the Zotter factory (and later also the raptors on the Riegersburg). It gives you a very good insight of where the cocoa comes from and you can taste, taste, taste. We met the owner by chance and he is a really nice guy and passionate about what he is doing. Plan enough time as they now also have a huge garden with animals, herbs, a restaurant and space to relax and enjoy the nature. Book via the internet beforehand to save time.

3  Thank M S
"english subtitles"
"domestic animals"
"for sale"

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Excellent experience. The tour starts with video introduction in the company business and the art of chocolate making. Than guests are invited to stroll around the factory and taste various products. Tasting is worth every Euro paid for the ticket. We were seduced to over spent in the shop, however couple of days after the experience when all the chocolate have been eaten, I do not regret.

2  Thank Matej K
Reviewed July 17, 2014

What can I say?? This place is so much better than Cadbury world!! I loved the introduction video and the tour is great as you left to walk around by yourself and eat as much chocolate as you want.

4  Thank charlie&rich
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

This has to be one of the best tours/ experiences I've experienced. I have a huge sweet tooth and would recommend this to anyone who has one too. The tour was of very good value- you could try as much chocolate as you liked and let me tell you there is A LOT! You start the tour with an informative video and then get to try Zotter's chocolate in all different forms from the beans to hot chocolate to chocolate covered cherries (and so much more!!!). My tip is to not eat too much chocolate in the beginning or else you'll be too full to eat all the goodies at the end! After eating the chocolate and doing the tour you are able to go lay in hammocks to relax while listening to classical music. I would no doubt recommend this tour. Amazing!

3  Thank stephb9
See more reviews
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We visited this chocolate factory with a group on our day trip to Graz. After spending some quality time in lovely Graz we were ready to fully immerse ourselves into some fine chocolate. Btw there's a shop at the end of the visit/tour and I must say their chocolate isn't on the cheap side. We paid 11 euros for entrance and you get a ceramic spoon (actually I'm not sure if you have to give it back at the end of the tour but I kept mine as a souvenir) for tasting chocolate in its different stages of production (from raw cocoa beans to the finished product) and different types of chocolate. Firstly, you watch a short film /presentation about the factory/brand and their philosophy and the chocolate production in general. Then you go around the factory and see different machines for producing chocolate all the while tasting the chocolate with your spoon. Do not try the cocoa beans at the beginning cause they are absolutely bitter and disgusting!I fancy milk chocolate, I must admit that I find real dark chocolate a bit too much (anything that's over 60, 70% of cocoa). So, you can try different normal tastes and some crazy ones too. Near the end of the visit, there's a sort of a bar, and you get your glass to make your own hot chocolate. It's fun!!However, after I tried sooo much chocolate it kind of left a bitter taste in my mouth, but maybe I'm just not a big fan of their kind of chocolate . For me, Milka and Lindt rule!You should allow an hour and a half or two for your visit.

1  Thank TanjaD