“A very unique and memorable stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Chateau Brinon

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brinon-sur-Sauldre
Chateau Brinon
Los Angeles, California
“A very unique and memorable stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

The previous reviews regarding Irene and Michael's hospitality were spot on. My 81 year old mother, 18 year old daughter and I stayed for four nights and had a marvelous experience. We had delightful and delicious dinners for three nights and wished we had dined there the fourth night as well but we had made plans to tour the surrounding area. Irene graciously adapted the dinner to include vegetarian options for my daughter.
I was a bit concerned about how the three of us would find things in common to discuss with our hosts that would include all our interests, but Michael and Irene are great conversationalists and have varied interests. Our conversations always kept my 18 year old daughter's attention, regardless of the topic. Our hosts were also so gracious in giving suggestions of what to see and do and where to dine in the surrounding areas. My mother had a challenge walking up the stairs to our room, however, Michael was always the complete gentleman in assisting her. They pampered her and she felt especially well taken care of. They made her feel comfortable by having her relax in the living room when we returned from our site seeing while we waited for dinner to be served. We very much enjoyed dining outside with a beautiful and expansive view of the countryside. We had rented a car and I needed to get the tank filled with gas. A friend of theirs was visiting and he offered to take me to fill it in town since it is much easier for a local than a foreigner. These simple niceties are experiences that one would not necessarily find if staying in a hotel. I would highly recommend a visit to Chateau Brinon!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Itzsusan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

Once again Michael & Irene have excelled themselves. We really enjoy their company as you can see from my 2 previous reviews. Irene is a great cook (cook hardly seems grand enough for the dishes she prepares) and Michaelis the host with the banter, wit and charm that puts you at ease and makes your stay relaxing.
We timed our visit perfectly this year as we once again enjoyed a day at the Jean D'Arc Festival in Orleans. I dont know how they found their way in and out of the town - we would have been lost! We also had a day at a Festival in the grounds of the Chateau at Sully.It was the most marvellous day. A history of France through the ages right up to WW2. Over 600 in costumes, great entertainment and FREE! We wouldnt have known about it. This is where Michael & Irene are unbeatable - they KNOW what is happening in the area and you dont miss a thing.
We met some lovely people at Chateau Brinon that week as well from various parts of the USA and we all 'mucked in' together and it made it so much more enjoyable.
We cant wait to return...........

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MaginotLion
Providence, utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Historic chateau is charming and very comfortable located in a very lovely setting. But the real treat is the warmth and friendliness of Mike and Irene the owners. The gourmet meals were wonderful. Irene is a fabulous cook. We talked and laughed for hours at the table every evening and morning. They took us to a delightful local festival put on by the town that should not be missed. We couldn't have had a better time.

Room Tip: The largest of the three available rooms is extremely large and could accommodate two parents and tw...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Irene M
Salvador, BA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

I discovered this delightful B&B in the readers' suggestions of the "New York Times" travel section, and I couldn't have found better accommodations! Chateau Brinon proved to be the perfect home base for visiting chateaus and wineries in the Loire Valley. We enjoyed the experience of staying in an authentic chateau, replete with charm. The spacious rooms and the comfortable beds and linens offered a dreamy night's sleep at the end of busy days. Irene and Mike, our hosts, are friendly, engaging, informative and willing to meet any of their guests' needs. I made a smart choice when making our reservation in opting for dinner in the chateau our first evening, which turned out to be a highlight of the stay! As soon as dinner was over, I made reservations for the following evening. Irene is a talented chef, and we had the privilege of dining with our hosts in the cozy kitchen. Our best meals in France were those prepared by Irene, and we had the luxury of walking upstairs to retire to our room after dinner, rather than having to drive home from a restaurant. We hope to return and enjoy the exceptional hospitality of Chateau Brinon.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank BrazilTravelBug
Buckinghamshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

Mike and Irene are the perfect hosts, prepared to accommodate adults and children with generosity and understanding. The Kir Royales were most welcome after our stressful journey!

We had been forced to travel seven hours apart when one of our cars broke down in the UK. Two of the adults and one child arrived after midnight but Mike and Irene waited up, advised on travel routes and provided a welcome supper for the late-comers!

We were fortunate to have all three rooms at relatively short notice, each one comfortable and spacious. The château is beautiful and the park ideal for children to run free after hours in a car. Château Brinon was an ideal stop-over for us and a wonderful start to our French holiday.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
North Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Chateau Brinon for two nights in May, 2012. We booked the B&B several weeks ago after reading the excellent reviews and we concur with all of the comments made in this trip advisor. The owners require a 50% deposit which is standard although they do not accept credit cards. I mailed a cheque as a deposit which worked just fine.
The establishment is billed as an ex-hunting lodge built in the 1600's. The owners have managed to maintain the original charm while updating it with modern amenities. The owners Irene and Michael are excellent hosts. Upon our arrival they offered and we accepted their invitation to attend an annual festival nearby celebrating the various periods in French history. Some 400 plus volunteers were attired in dress of the respective periods in a real festival setting close to a large Chateau. The 2012 event featured American history such as the civil war as well as showcasing the contribution of the USA in the liberation of France. We enjoyed the event. As my camera was out of power Michael took numerous photos which was appreciated. Those travelling to France near the end of May would find this festival interesting and worthwhile to coincide with other travel.

We stayed at the Chateau Brinon near the end of our 3 week stay in France and arrived from the south. Michael's directions on the website assume visitors are arriving from the north. We used Google Map and printed a hard copy for directions. We likely would not have found the village easily had we used the conventional maps. Once you find the village the local directions to the Chateau are fine.

We had dinner on our last day which was excellent. Those who do not have a car might find this B&B ideal as the hosts are apparently willing to provide pickup and tours for those booking a stay. We stayed in several B&B's over the three weeks and by far Michael and Irene were the most friendly and helpful . We would definitely book this B&B again should we return to France.

Room Tip: Don't forget the Google Map directions
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Richard D
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

I stopped off after a long ( eight hours ) drive up from the south in a classic car, and experienced a really friendly greeting from Michael and Irene. There was literally nothing I could fault with anything, which is a first for me. Irene had even checked with me in advance to make sure we would be eating something I would be happy with.
The room was superb, in a delightful setting.
I will certainly be recommending to my friends, and hope to stay there again when I am in that part of France again, even if it means a serious detour to get there.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank John L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brinon-sur-Sauldre
Auberge du 7
#1 of 2 in Nouan-le-Fuzelier
Gites Insolites de Sologne
Gites Insolites de Sologne
#1 of 1 in Brinon-sur-Sauldre

Been to Chateau Brinon? Share your experiences!