Finca del Sol was great. Sheri was very helpful and hospitable, and their freshly cooked breakfasts were amazing! The cabins were very clean and well taken care of, and the goats that hang out between the cabins and the breakfast area are adorable. The landscape by the cabins is a little dry and not as lush as up by the breakfast area - but looks out over Lake Nicaragua, and the beach is a short walk away. The location is pretty far from the towns and the biggest challenge we had was figuring out where to go for lunch/dinner bc there aren't too many options nearby. But if you're up for a faraway retreat Finca del Sol is wonderful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Finca del Sol is a lodge on the foothills of Volcano Madaras, near beach, hiking and restaurants. We are Eco-friendly with off grid power (no blackouts) and dry composting toilets. Bungalow with orthepedic mattress, mosquito netting, private bathroom with hot water, fans, screened, DVD player and purified drinking water with incredible sunset views of volcano & lake. Located in the tropically forested UNESCO Biosphere Reserve (wildlife) we offer a comfortable and private lodging experience. Our property is 13 Acres, and has approximately 20% of 3rd generation forest growth, with a maximum of 10 guests on the grounds at one time - reducing our environmental footprint on Mother Earth. Located in the UNESCUO Biosphere Reserva you have an opportunity to view howler monkey, parrots and a variety of other interesting critters, flora and fauna! We welcome you to our refuge created in harmony within nature. An excellent location for those interested in exploring nature & the beauty that surrounds us, from the volcano to the river, to the beach, the possibilities are endless. We are located just after the split in Santa Cruz! This is a growing tourist hub for the island and offers many restaurants, motorbike rentals and is close proximity from the beach and kite-boarding school. If you choose to hike - Maderas Volcano begins from our back yard. Finca del Sol is also located in the tropical dry forest and a perfect place from which to explore the Maderas side of the island - where you can find kyack trips up the river Istain, ride a horse or explore forests/jungle, fauna and flora. The cabins are Eco friendly with comfortable with double or queen beds, mosquito netting and private bathroom with hot water. Each cabin has its own private porch and garden setting with comfortable chairs and hammocks boasting fantastic views of Volcano Conception and Lake Cocibolca! Our bungalows are equipped with 21' screen with a DVD player and selection of films in English, fan, security box, daily maid service, purified drinking water, clean and hygienic composting toilet system and solar powered.Included in the rate is access to WIFI, complimentary beach towels,and concierge services. We organize tours up both volcanoes, horseback riding and massages for our guests, as well as put them in contact with other local activities. Our organic breakfast is optional, boasting things like an Mediterranean omelet, homemade bread and fresh tropical fruit salad. Your hosts speak English, Spanish and Italian. If you are looking for something a little different than the usual hotel experience, opt for the adventure, break the mold and dive into all that Ometepe Island and Finca del Sol has for you! See you on Ometepe!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Finca del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finca Del Sol Hotel Santa Cruz
- Finca Del Sol Isla De Ometepe, Nicaragua - Santa Cruz