Our cabina was wonderful - beautiful tiled bathroom - the best hot water in any hotel anywhere - it had a lovely porch with hammock and chairs - also a great place for early morning yoga (self directed) - it sounded like a jungle outside our room in the morning and evening - the beach was non-existent, not like it was on the website because the lake was so high - this place is very isolated though and you need to pay for a driver to take you around and have him wait - the two drivers we had were great - the roads are very bad on the south part of the island and so is the long driveway/road into the finca. We were very lucky that the owner, Cesar, was there for a short time to tell us about a guide and a driver and what we could do in the area. If we had not met him, before he left for Managua we would have felt stranded. We did feel it was a bit of a bait and switch because I had corresponded with someone who spoke excellent English and also seemed like there would be a nice Christmas celebration - there was no Christmas tree or celebration planned - that person on the e-mails is not based at the finca and no one else spoke English - however we did do fine with our phrase book and the staff was wonderful - they tried their best to understand us and were very accomodating with all our requests - the food was good - we had a wonderful guide named Jose Antonio who took us on wonderful hikes and other activities - there was no internet access at the hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Juan de la Isla offers a beautiful scenery situated on the island of Ometepe. In this shelter visitors can enjoy the serenity, comfort, outdoor activities and adventure sports that Ometepe has to offer.In this place guests can relax in an atmosphere of peace and tranquility of the old hacienda, which dates back to the late nineteenth century and is now converted into a comfortable lodge with an enchanting rural country life and the beauty of the Cocibolca coast. San Juan de la Isla offers a variety of rooms and lodging options, as can be seen below. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Finca San Juan de la Isla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finca San Juan De La Isla Hotel Altagracia
- Finca San Juan De La Isla Isla De Ometepe, Nicaragua - Altagracia