We stayed at Finca San Juan for three nights in January 2014. We rented one of the Lakeside cabins, which are brand new and in a nice setting. It was also nice to see Howler monkeys near-by. The part we were less excited about was the restaurant. The Finca is rather remote and without your own transportation you have to rely getting food on site. Breakfast is included in the price. We had the continental, which includes tea or coffee, yogurt, granola and fruit. The breakfast was tasty, but the portions small. And unfortunately they ran out of everything on the last day and we were given a small bowl of cheerios and milk. Given that the price is listed at USD 7, this seems a bit over the top. Same with the dinner. For USD 10 you get a small portion of pasta with pesto and the USD 12 veggie dish turned out as a few slices of veggies, plantain chips and refried beans. While the setting is nice, overall the hotel seemed overpriced to us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Juan de la Isla offers a beautiful scenery situated on the island of Ometepe. In this shelter visitors can enjoy the serenity, comfort, outdoor activities and adventure sports that Ometepe has to offer.In this place guests can relax in an atmosphere of peace and tranquility of the old hacienda, which dates back to the late nineteenth century and is now converted into a comfortable lodge with an enchanting rural country life and the beauty of the Cocibolca coast. San Juan de la Isla offers a variety of rooms and lodging options, as can be seen below. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotel.de so you can book your Finca San Juan de la Isla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finca San Juan De La Isla Hotel Altagracia
- Finca San Juan De La Isla Isla De Ometepe, Nicaragua - Altagracia