I stayed in one of the cabanas for 3 nights in early March 2011 . The cabana was spacious and clean with a wonderful hot shower everyday. The staff was very friendly, helpful, accomodating and professsional. Marvin, Cesar and Ramon were very courteous, kind and made my stay very comfortable. The rest of the satff was also excellent but I do not remembe their names. The food at the hotel was also very good and plentiful. I didn't walk away from any meal feeling hungry.
The hotel and farm is pretty and pictoresque and there is a black sand beach on the lake in front of the hotel with nice views. The hotel is located in a remote area, but the hotel offers transportation to get around with a SUV (driver provided) and bicycles for rent. It is a very peaceful and tranquil place to visit.
The only thing that wasn't pleasant was the numerous small flying insects that happened to be all over the place during the time I stayed there. I heard that there are certain times of the year when these bugs are every where on the island. I wasn't aware of this ahead of time so initially it did scare me a bit, but then I got used to them. Of course, this is no poor reflection on the hotel itself, but simply something new to me and slightly uncomfortable.
I would recommend this hotel to others
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Juan de la Isla offers a beautiful scenery situated on the island of Ometepe. In this shelter visitors can enjoy the serenity, comfort, outdoor activities and adventure sports that Ometepe has to offer.In this place guests can relax in an atmosphere of peace and tranquility of the old hacienda, which dates back to the late nineteenth century and is now converted into a comfortable lodge with an enchanting rural country life and the beauty of the Cocibolca coast. San Juan de la Isla offers a variety of rooms and lodging options, as can be seen below. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotel.de so you can book your Finca San Juan de la Isla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finca San Juan De La Isla Hotel Altagracia
- Finca San Juan De La Isla Isla De Ometepe, Nicaragua - Altagracia