“Best restaurant on Ometepe, Benedict florentine, steak sandwich, yum!”
Review of The Cornerhouse

The Cornerhouse
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Moyogalpa
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2011

I ate here many times with my girlfriend and friend. We all loved it. Everything is fresh, and mostly healthy. I had chicken and steak sandwiches many times, breakfast food is great. they make tasty cakes too and the bread is homemade and super fresh. The only real espresso machine on the island! Good juices too! The proprietors, Gary and his girlfriend, are very nice and charning. I once missed the ferry waiting for the florentine benedict! Only problem, they need to keep more consistent business hours.

Reviewed March 30, 2011

As vegetarians, it can be hard to find interesting food. The Cornerhouse offers a delicious variety of healthy, almost all local, often organic foods. We have tried the omelets, salads, sandwiches, cookies, fruits, juices, and cappuccino, and all were fantastic. The portions are huge. The owners are very friendly and helpful. They aren't open for dinner yet, but we are looking forward to when they are.

Reviewed February 11, 2011

A vegetarian, I've been loving my Gallo Pinto every morning, but was called into the Cornerhouse by a fellow traveler, and had breakfast there. The coffee was the best I've had in Central America, and the omelet was served with thick slices of whole grain toast made especially for the Cornerhouse by the local baker. I hope I make it back in time for an afternoon latte tomorrow!

Reviewed January 25, 2011

The couple that runs the place is incredibly friendly and helpful. They try to use as much products from the island as possible (no pesticides used). Their eggs benedict are delicious.
They will start renting rooms in a few weeks from now (February 2011).

Reviewed December 6, 2010

Wow! Perhaps the best roasted veggie sandwich we ever had. They have an emphasis on healthier food. The staff were very friendly and even helped us with getting a taxi to the border on our way out of Nicaragua.