“Great Food & a Good Pint What more can I say”

​The Archer Public House
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Whitfield
Cuisines: American, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Due a change in ownership the Kitchen will be closing from this Saturday 26th September until the new owners take over with a view to relaunching the menu on the 26th October. Friendly Pub and Restaurant welcoming all. With excellent value and great tasting food, Live Entertainment. Free BT Infinity WIFI is also available.
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Stopped off her for a Sunday Lunch. Was looking for a Traditional Pub that did home cooked food. Having searched on Good Pubs in Dover area and checking other reviews we picked this Pub. Very pleased with our choice as The Archer did not let us down. My wife and I had a Two course Sunday Roast, I had Beef my wife the Lamb. Both were excellent with plenty of meat and veg. The veg was cooked to perfection (too many places overcook) my only bit of feedback I could give and this is personal choice is that I like cauliflower cheese done with a mature cheddar, but others may find this too strong. Given that the cauliflower cheese was good. Desert was as we both commented heavenly we both had the Chocolate Marquise and we can both highly recommend it. We noticed on the menu was Bread and Butter Pudding a favourite of our son. As we were picking our Son up after lunch we asked Andy if he could do us a Take Out portion for him. He told us that they can do anything off the menu as a Take Out no problem. When we picked him up with this Pudding he was quite surprised and commented that it was one of the best B&B puddings he had eaten. Looking forward to eating there again when we take our son back down to Dover.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Excellent food, home cooked means exactly that. Everything was freshly prepared, service was excellent. Exactly what you need at the end of a long drive or a lazy Sunday afternoon.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

The Archer is a real local pub that does food.. rather than most where the restaurant is the main feature.

We have now visited half a dozen times, for lunch or dinners. The food is always fresh, plentiful, tasty and served with a smile! Great value for money. I have sampled 5-6 dishes on the menu, so far they all have that home cooked appearance and taste. Cannot fault it! Ideal for just a snack as well as a full meal.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Thank you Andy & Staff, once again excellent food & service. Christmas menu looks brilliant. Always cater for our large party and food never fails to please. Great value for money.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

At the end of the day it is a drinking pub and always has been, but if you get your head past that then its fully worth eating here. The food is fresh and well cooked and plates come out hot, staff friendly and its good value for money.