“Fabulous freshly cooked food”

​The Archer Public House
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Whitfield
Cuisines: American, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Due a change in ownership the Kitchen will be closing from this Saturday 26th September until the new owners take over with a view to relaunching the menu on the 26th October. Friendly Pub and Restaurant welcoming all. With excellent value and great tasting food, Live Entertainment. Free BT Infinity WIFI is also available.
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were lucky to visit The Archer yesterday for a family get together with a range of ages from 1 - 72. The food was all cooked to order and there was no food left on any plate. I would highly recommend anyone living in the area or visiting Dover stopping here whether for a snack or a full meal. Well worth a visit and good value for money with friendly attentive staff. :-) x

There are newer reviews for ​The Archer Public House

Reviewed June 30, 2013

As others as indicated, we thought we'd give this a go for Sunday lunch after seeing it rated no.1 in Dover. It's nicely located for travellers on the A2, only minutes from the ferry terminal, perfect for some proper food before reaching France ;) I'm generally not a huge fan of pub Sunday Lunches - usually they're a huge disappointment compared with the real thing at home. This one is very good though; plenty of meat(we had the beef and turkey, both good), good roasties and good veg. Interesting gravy too, made with grain mustard amongst other things.... Prices are reasonable(£25 for two roasts with two pints of beer and a large Pepsi for the driver), staff seem friendly and the pub itself it spacious and clean. Recommended.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I went to the Archer with my husband, my mum in-law and a family friend for an evening meal. Food was delicious, generous portions and good value for the money. I always come to Withfield on a regular basis to visit my mum in-law and I have been to the Archer for drinks numerous times. It's my first meal and will not me the last. See ya all next year for another pub meal.

1  Thank Fauve4ever
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

This would be the second time at the Archer for a Sunday roast and on both occasions have thoroughly enjoyed it.
Very reasonable drinks prices.
The meat is cooked to perfection and there is plenty of it. I have a combination of all four meats (a wise choice) and you get a huge bowl of veg for to share which we all tucked into and the cauliflower cheese is awesome.
Very reasonable priced menu and will definitely be back.
Only thing I would like to see is a card machine behind the bar to pay with. There is a cash machine but I like to use card when eating out.
Thanks all and see you soon.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We were staying overnight in Whitfield before going off to France. The pub is really convenient just off the main road to the port. You won't be disappointed the service was warm and friendly and the food excellent. It was good to see a menu of home cooked food with a good choice. The portions were generous and piping hot. Definitely worth giving it a try