“Not the best”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Whitfield
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Not the best”
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights instead of 3. Staff were very unhelpful when it came to sorting out a family/3rd room that they hadn't booked. Food was nice and waiting staff very helpful and cheery. Rooms clean but basic -could use a revamp. Good location for race track.

• Stayed April 2014
PrabhavGupta, General Manager at Ramada Dover, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback following your recent stay with us. I am sorry that not everything was as it should have been & I have discussed your comments with my team in order for them to improve the levels of customer service to a standard that is not only expected but also exceeds our own and our guests.

I very much appreciated your review and I do hope that you will feel able to reurn in the future when you will be able to experience the positive changes that we are making

Once again, thank you for your post & I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Neil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Tynemouth , England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Arrived late after a long trip to stay over for an early ferry. Rooms were a bit shabby but okay for a basic hotel and the price as a one nighter. However our room was right next to the wedding marquee, literally outside our window, with base boom going on until midnight. Not much chance of sleep until after that. Had planned to get up at 5. It was a Thursday so did not expect a wedding on but surely guests not at the wedding should be away from the 'disco'. Waste of a stop over.

• Stayed April 2014
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2014

we stayed in the Ramada for two nights whilst visiting family and working in the area. It was an ideal location for our needs. Having been to a wedding earlier in the day, we arrived very tired on Saturday night, and there was a seventies disco in full swing. We were met by a very friendly receptionist who quickly checked us in. We went to our room and were pleasantly surprised at what we found. A good size room, with kingsize bed, sofa, desk and comfy chair. Bathroom was ok and there was plenty of complimentary toiletries available. We freshened up and went to the bar where we ordered snacks. Food was fine, the bar was pleasant and the area was away from the noise of the disco. We slept well on a comfortable bed on both nights. Checking out was simple too. We had a problem at one point connecting to the hotels free wifi but the receptionist addressed this immediately. We would certainly consider staying again when we visit the area later in the year.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I stayed here for one night whilst waiting for a ferry and could not fault it everything was right from the check in to check out, the room was clean and tidy and a good size with coffee, tea making as well as a real coffee maker machine, One of the cleanest hotels I have been in for a long time, all the staff are friendly and helpful, though I ate in the bar the food was good and a varied choice, breakfast was superb and a massive choice to have,
I have stayed in a lot of hotels in the area and this is by far the best, I shall not look anywhere else now when staying in the area

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Peter

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on your last stay with us. I very much appreciate your kind comments & sentiments and I will ensure that tese are passed onto the team here at the hotel. It is always a delight to get feedback of this nature and I know the team will be as pleased as I am to know that we looked after you and made your stay perfect.

Please feel free to let me know when you are in the area again as it would be a pleasure to make your aquaintance.

Once again, thank you for your post and I look forward to meeting you in the future

Co Kildare
Reviewed April 11, 2014

stayed here having had a long trip from Holyhead en route to the Alps - arrived with two tired kids, just looking for a quick meal and a good night's sleep. I Am happy to report that we got both! Reception staff were excellent and the bar staff (Darren was in charge, I think) were incredibly friendly and welcoming. Food was fine and the room was clean, comfortable and very very good value - would highly recommend and will use again if we are in that direction! Thanks to all!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback following your recent stay with us-it is always a plesure to receive such kind and warm sentiments and I will ensure that you feedback is passed onto the team as I know they will be grateful for your comments.

Once again, thank you for your appraisal and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future or when you are off to the Alps again !

Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Excellent service, as one would expect from a Ramada. Check-in was smooth, the room comfortable, dinner excellent (though my daughter was a little miffed that, in her opinion, the room service menu was more appealing than the restaurant menu). A quick check out and 10 minutes to the ferry. Ideal.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitfield
Best Western Plus Dover Marina Hotel & Spa
#9 of 10 in Folkestone
Burlington Hotel
Burlington Hotel
#2 of 10 in Folkestone

Been to Ramada Dover? Share your experiences!