“Nice hotel for a stop before going on the ferry”
Review of Ramada Dover

Ramada Dover
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Whitfield
Regensburg, Germany
“Nice hotel for a stop before going on the ferry”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We booked this hotel as a last minute deal and got a family room for 39 GBP. The room was nice, not too big, but with 2 really nice big beds! The bathroom was clean and had a shower over a tub. It was totally acceptable for 1 night, only about 5 minutes to drive to the Ferry port. We didn't have breakfast as we had to leave very early.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank erdbeerchen73
PrabhavGupta, General Manager at Ramada Dover, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Guest

We appreciate yourt time in giving us your feedback following your stay with us and I am glad you had an pleasant experience with us.

I hope your onward journey was trouble free and we look forward to welcoming you back should you be visiting these shores again.

Neil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Herne Bay
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

We were a party of 8 who stayed overnight for New Years Eve. We had a great time and the food was extremely good, particularly for the number of people they catered for. The rooms are looking a little tired now and ours sadly (228) smelt extremely musty. We did report this and were told housekeeping would look into it. I understand the rooms will undergo a refurbishment later this year. There was a good variety of food at breakfast but chaotic. I think it would be a good idea to set up tables for lead parties to ensure there are enough seats/tables available and two stations for tea/coffee/juice away from the main breakfast area to avoid customers all queuing in the same place. The staff all worked incredibly hard. The reception area has lovely seating and a fire with Costa Coffee and the hotel is located very close to Dover port and castle as well as Debradlei Wharf which us worth a visit. I feel my review is worthy of a good but had to give it average as the next option was very good.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback following your stay with us for New Years Eve and I will gladly pass onto the Chef & his team your complements on the food at the Gala Dinner. I take on board your comments regarding breakfast and this is something we have now implemented for when we have large groups/parties staying with us.
With regards to your feedback on the rooms, you are correct as we have started to refurbish all of the rooms, and once this is completed, the issues you encountered will be resolved, however, I do appreciate your constructive comments.

I hope the rest of the New Year was also a success and I hope that we may be able to welcome you back in the not too distant future

Kindest regards & Happy New Year

midlands
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Stayed here whilst doing a murder mystery.
Staff friendly, from check in, waiting on staff & bar team.
Room warm and comfortable.
Ample parking.
Food great.
Costa on site.
Breakfast self service and lots to choose from

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
PrabhavGupta, General Manager at Ramada Dover, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback on your recent Murder Mystery event here at the ramada Dover. I am pleased you had a good stay and the event was a success.

I will be passing on to the team your kind comments as I know they will be omly too happy to know their efforts have been recognised.

Once again, thank you for your review and I would like to wish you both a Happy New Year

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I don't know him but he may have been sitting at one of the tables nearby me or just on a different function day but experience was very similar. Having said that I didn't pay for my meal, after a lot of persistence and the breakfast buffet was better than average. I should have stayed in Canterbury and commuted to the activities in Dover but as an Australian I dint know that, live and learn. Not a lot of dining options nearby so if you stay here roll the dice.

Room Tip: Stay in Canterbury, its only 20 miles away.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Neil M
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor and please accept my apologies for your stay not being as good as it should have been. Whilst Christmas is an exceptionally busy period for most hotels, it shouldn't impact on the comfort and pleasure of none christmas guests staying at the same time, I am sorry that this did have a negative influence on your stay.

I have noted your comments and will be tasking the various departments involved to review their standards in order to prevent a similar occurance in the future.

Once again, thank you for your review and we would like to wish you a Happy New Year

neil
crawley uk
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last night .20-12-13 . check in was very fast and efficient but we did query the fact that we had been charged twice on our credit card which took 5 weeks to refund .We stayed in room 217 which faced the road ,saying that we didn't hear any road noise .
Lovely room ,bit small but would be fine for one night . I turned the radiator on but had to fold the long curtains( to the floor) up into the window sill .Why do they do that ? .
The safe which we wanted to use is situated on the floor so you really do have to get down on all fours to use it.
The bath took a really long time to fill but it was bigger than your average bath , which was nice but cleaning is not the best .As the room began to fill of steam I could see writing on the mirror !! And the mouldy grouting under the tap and on the seal wasn't great either .
Were were offered the deal for dinner and breakfast but the leaflet didn't explain what exactly you would be entitled to ,and it would of been nice to see a breakfast menu in the room with some prices .
A mcdonalds and a tesco express really nearby .
Plenty of other value hotels nearby so unless they up their game ,we wouldn't stay again .

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and the constructive feedback contained therein. I have noted all of your comments and along with the team we will endeavour to rectify the issues you encountered so as to make any future stays memorable for the right reasons. With regards to the breakfast menu in the rooms, these normally are to be found hanging on the back of the door to place outside for room service breakfasts, however, I apologise if these were not in the room on your last stay.

Once again, thank you for your review, your input is very much appreciated and I do hope we will have the pleasure of your company again in the future

Yeovil, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

Overall I would rate this hotel very good. The room was clean, spacious and modern. As we were only there for one night there is not a lot more I can say, however the only draw back was on the night that we stayed there was a very loud party in a marque directly next to our bedroom window. This was not particularly nice as we had to wake up at 5am to catch a ferry. I think I would have liked to of been told about the party by the staff, although it wouldn't have changed my decision to stay!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
PrabhavGupta, General Manager at Ramada Dover, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Josh

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your last visit to us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and you were made to feel welcome. I will ensure your feedback is passed onto the team as I know they will appreciate your kind sentiments.
I have noted your comment about being advised prior to your stay about the Christmas Party's taking place and we will review our procedures to ensure that this is done consistently in the future
Once again, thank you for your feedback it is very much appreciated

Neil
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitfield
Best Western Plus Dover Marina Hotel & Spa
Premier Inn Dover East Hotel
The White Cliffs Hotel
The White Cliffs Hotel
#1 of 1 in St Margaret's at Cliffe

Been to Ramada Dover? Share your experiences!