“Great stop over”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Whitfield
London, United Kingdom
“Great stop over”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Great place for quick one night stop before catching early morning ferries to France. Rooms are fair sized and very well kept. Free wifi is an added benefit. Me and my son we loved the burger we eat in the bar area. Car park is also free. Painless c/in and c/out procedures. Overall an excellent stay. Would return if needed.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mcccld73
PrabhavGupta, General Manager at Ramada Dover, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking th time to post your review on Trip Advisor and for your kind comments & sentiments these are very much appreciated.
I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay and I will make sure your feedback is passed onto the team who I know will be grateful for your thoughts.
It would be a pleasure to welcome you back should you have the need to visit this area again in the future
Neil Lomas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have stopped at this hotel a number of times with work and found the hotel , the facility's are good and the food is excellent , the only draw back that it is out of the town center , which if you are staying for one or two nights is not too bad. All the rooms are on one level so no stairs or lifts.

Room Tip: All rooms are on one level and are the same layout
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Robert B
PrabhavGupta, General Manager at Ramada Dover, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Robert
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor, your feedback is very much appreciated as are your kind sentiments. I will gladly pass these onto the team as it is always motivational to receive complements of this nature.

Please feel free to contact us when your work brings you to this area again as it would be nice to pass on our thanks in person

Kind regards

United Kingdom
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for me to recuperate after being unwell. I found the room very noisy. The Saturday night music was playing till very late. Both Saturday and Sunday night doors banging. Woke us up both nights. Another guest complained as he paid his bill. He was given a free breakfast for his 4 family members. My husband never complains however mentioned it was very noisy and I needed to rest. The receptionist just said sorry to hear that. I won't stay again. Didn't feel it was value for money. Stayed in nicer.

Room Tip: Although this hotel is well off the main road if you have a room on the car park side it's noisy...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lorraine JM J
PrabhavGupta, General Manager at Ramada Dover, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback on your recent stay with us, your constructive comments are very much appreciated.

I am truly sorry that your stay was not as restful as it should have been and I will look into ways of improving our guests experience wherever possible and I will also discuss with the reception team your feedback

I would very much welcome the opportunity to restore your faith and belief in my hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you further if you would be kind enough to contact me at the hotel.

I look forward to speaking with you shortly

Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2013

The location of this hotel is great! Really easy to find and set back off the road so it is relatively quiet, this is of course until you get into the hotel it's self.

Reception and rooms are clean, however there is often confusion with guests checking in, lots of guests having issues with door keys. Ours was fine however (fortunately)

Upon arrival I was asked if I was interested in setting up a tab for the duration of my stay, as we had only booked for a one night stay I declined as we were off out. The reception staff proceeded to ask me for my credit card for authorisation in which an attempt to charge me for the room value was made, I obviously declined the translation and questioned this, why would you need authorisation if you plan to "pay as you go"?

I was not shown to my room which is to be expected in busy periods but at least be pointed in the right direction without prompt, this is a customer service must.

The room it's self was clean and basic, comfortable bed with extra pillows in the wardrobe (thumbs up) however there wasn't much room to move, again this is more of a 3 star standard room. The walls were paper thin so there was almost no privacy, again not what you would expect from a 4 star rated hotel.

I shalt be returning to this ramada or any other for future stays, it's far too over priced for what service isn't delivered.

Room Tip: These rooms all appear to be generic, remember to bring your ear plugs to cater for the paper thin w...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
PrabhavGupta, General Manager at Ramada Dover, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor, your feedback is very much appreciated.
I am sorry that you found not everything to your satisfaction and I will certainly pass on your comments to the Reception team so they can see how the tiny details, such as giving guests directions to their rooms has a big impact. With regards to youir query regarding them taking a pre-authorisation, this is standard practise within most hotels purely as a security measure and I am sorry if this wasn't expalined in a clear manner to you.

I do very much hope that you will give us a second chance to restore your faith in my hotel and as such, would ask you to contact me directly if you should ever be needing accommodation in this area again.

I look forward to speaking with you in the future

kent
Reviewed June 12, 2013

the size of the portions were tiny considering the price and the restaurant seemed under staffed. one member of staff asked me if i wanted another drink followed by a second and then a third member of staff, the lack of communication didnt go unnoticed. i asked to speak to the manager about several problems i had with the hotel but mainly restaurant area, i was greeted by a very rude 'supervisor' who didnt seem to care about anything i had to say and was more interested in getting back to whatever she was doing. i felt extremely neglected considering the price i had paid for their service. will not be visiting another ramada hotel.

Room Tip: chose another hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank laura j
PrabhavGupta, General Manager at Ramada Dover, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback on your recent stay and I am truly sorry that the experience you had was not to our normal standard. The problems you encountered should not have happened and I must take responsibilty for these.

I would like to discuss the issues that you came across and as such, would ask if you would let me know where and how I can get in contact with you so that I can resolve this with you.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course

england
Reviewed June 3, 2013

It was an interesting stay. Suprisingly quiet location, giving its location near one of the main roads into Dover and next to a petrol station. Drinks and breakfast wildly overpriced, but very nice staff and ambiance. The telly in the next room was very loud, but I guess this is a hazard these days in all hotels. I wish they had obligatory volume controls, like lorrys speed limiters!
A tip for travellers - A short walk to Tescos gets you a great breakfast for a fraction of the price. All you have to do is get over two busy roads!
On the plus side it was very comfortable, with no problems with the room. We might stay again, as long as the price was right.

Room Tip: go to nearby tescos for breakfast
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank runton
Dear Guest

Thank you for gioving me your feedback from your recent stay with us, I am glad that on the whole you had an enjoyable stay.

I have noted your comments relating to the breakfast & drink prices and this is something I will look into but I should add that the breakfast buffet is an extensive offering and it is an 'all you can eat' affair.

Once again, thank you for giving me your thoughts and I do hope we shall be able to welcome you back in the not too distant future

General manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for one night before going on ferry to france. Excellent hotel, very clean room excellent breakfast.Also was able to park car securely for week that we was away. The staff went out of there way to help in any possible way, including carring cases for elderly guests.

Room Tip: We had a room at back would be nice to look over the sea.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank couple048
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review in respect of your last stay at the Ramada Hotel, Dover.

It is always a pleasure to receive such kind comments & sentiments and I am delighted you found my team helpful in all aspects.

I will take great pride in passing on to my team your feedback as I know it will have a positive impact on them-so thank you for this.

Please feel free to contact me should you have the need to stay with us again.

Neil Lomas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitfield
Best Western Plus Dover Marina Hotel & Spa
Premier Inn Dover East Hotel
The White Cliffs Hotel
The White Cliffs Hotel
#1 of 1 in St Margaret's at Cliffe

Been to Ramada Dover? Share your experiences!