Ramada Dover
$80
Travelocity
$75
PremierInn.com
The White Cliffs Hotel(St Margaret's at Cliffe)
$142
$94
Broome Park Hotel(Barham)(Great Value!)
$119
$116
  • Pool
$104
$59
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
All reviewscosta coffeebar menuexecutive roomfree wifireception areaferry portovernight stoppleasant staywould stay againearly morning ferryminute driveone night staycar parkplenty of parkingthe olive tree restauranttea and coffeeshort stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The hotel is clean, the staff are very helpful & friendly nothing was too much trouble!!
The restaurant does a 3 course menu, buffet style, when we were there weekend of the 18th May 2013, the cost of the buffet meal was £17.95 eat as much as you want.
Room was adequate & bathroom was clean & all the complimentary shower gel etc.
Our room had no noise whatsoever, considering the main road was nearby, a wedding reception was in full flow & also a birthday party. There is adequate car parking.
The only downside was that the Costa coffee was quite expensive,

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
PrabhavGupta, General Manager at Ramada Dover, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your kind sentiments following your recent stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback of this nature and I will ensure that everyone within the hotel is made aware of your review and how good customer service is the benchmark we should deliver in all instances.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future as it would be nice to thank you in person

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We only booked for a couple of nights away as the result of a very special offer in a newspaper. We arrived at the same time as two coachloads of people who had stayed at the hotel the night before their holiday and had left their cars and car keys at the hotel. The hotel's "system" for storing and returning the keys would have made Heath Robinson proud. This led to some frayed tempers and very poor behaviour from the returning holidaymakers, meaning I had a to wait thirty minutes to register. Not an impressive start though the only receptionist on duty behaved in a restrained and dignified manner at all times. The room, when we found it (since when does 235 come next to 259?) was spacious, light and clean. There were two chairs (which isn't always the case) but no mirror at the dressing table.The bathroom, on the other hand, was claustrophobic:: the bedroom could easily have spared a foot for the bathroom. It was nonetheless clean and well equipped. For my liking, the mattress and pillows were hard beyond belief.

We had had a good lunch so just wanted something light in the evening. The bar menu offered butternut squash soup (which, my wife said, tasted more like Bovril) and a club sandwich which, by any standards was good.

Breakfast, inevitably, was self service. There was a good range of cooked and cold items on offer (more breads than I have seen anywhere else) but of very varying quality: I still cannot work out how they made scrambled egg the colour and texture it was. The bacon and tomatoes were excellent but, by far the best thing, was the availability of gluten free bread for my wife, who is wheat intolerant. Pastries were good too.

The entire hotel was spotless. The staff were universally helpful, courteous and thoughtful. One breakfast waitress asked if we were staying another night so the gluten free bread could be defrosted ready for my wife rather than having to wait.

The room we had was away from the road and quiet as the grave. Herbal teas on the hospitality tray was a nice touch.

We would certainly go there again: it is conveniently located for the Kent tourist sites as well as for the ferry. But I wouldn't want to sleep in that bed for more than two or three nights.

Room Tip: Room 235 was very quiet
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your positive and insightful feedback from your recent stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback of this nature and I am really pleased that you found my team courteous and helpful. We are in the process of developing a culture within the hotel of 'Customer Service is an attitude, NOT a department' and your analysis shows that this is starting to take shape.

Please rest assured that I will be passing on your comments to the whole team so that they can see the positive results this has on our guest's experience when staying with us.

Once again, thank you very much for your review and I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the not too distant future

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed for one night before catching a morning tunnel crossing to France, and found the staff very helpful and friendly. The room was clean and tidy but we found that because of traffic noise all night we could not have the window open. A good hotel with great access tyo both the ferry and tunnel routes.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on your last stay with us and I am pleased that you found my team helpful & friendly. Please rest assured that I will pass on your comments to all of those concerned within the hotel.

We are currently reviewing the standard of double glazing throughout the whole hotel with a view of replacing it those rooms that can be affected by traffic noise from the A2.

Once again, I fully appreciate your comments and I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the not too distant future

Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night in May for business and the reception staff were polite and helpful. The room was on the small side and the bathroom was very small with a broken shower head which meant water went everywhere. The bed in the room wasn't made up (the end sheet was on the floor) and the bathroom was missing complimentary toiletries. After a call to reception these were replaced. The room itself was as mentioned pretty small despite me booking a king room, also the walls were pretty thin as I could hear the rooms either side TV's. I would recommended the hotel but would advise seeing the room first.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor, it is very much appreciated.

Receiving constructive comments of this nature is a pwerful tool as it allows us to improve our products & services should they fall below our guests expectations.

I have noted your comment regarding the thin walls and we are currently planning to have the bedrooom walls insulated further in an effort to reduce the disturbances from adjoining rooms.

Once again, thank you for your comments and I do hope we will be able to welcome you back to the Ramada Dover in the not too distant future

Kind regards

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We booked 2 rooms for the night before our ferry. The public areas were fine but the bedrooms were tired and shabby and one smelt of stale drains. One of the rooms was extremely noisy as it was next door to the air condtioning units. The staff were pleasant and although they couldn't find us another room they offered to accomodate us in a sister hotel. We didn't take up the offer as it was late and we had to be up at 4.30. Wouldn't stay here again

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor and I am truly sorry that your stay was not to the Ramada standard.

Please rest assured that we take all feedback very seriously and we will look into the issue with the air conditioning plant and try to get this resolved.

Receiving comments of all kinds is a very valuable tool in allowing us to review our services and products and then addressing the conncerns of our guests when they arise-so thank you for your this.

I do hope that you may give me the opportunity in the future to restore your faith in my hotel and would ask that you contact me directly if I can be of any assistance