“What a Fantastic Experience!”

O'Vineyards Table d'Hote
Reserve with
O'Vineyards Table d'Hote is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: European, French, Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This is a Table d'Hotes. Not a traditional restaurant. It's a family ambience, a home cooking with local ingredients, that has impressed Michelin starred chefs, Jamie Oliver's editors, and winners of Top Chef! Well renowned Dine & Wine. Eat at the winemaker's table with the winemakers themselves. Wine included. Winery Tour offered. Lunch 55€ per person. Dinner 75€ per person. Cheese & Dessert included. Wine included. Winery Tour & Wine tasting with hot hors d'oeuvres 25€ per person. Winery Tour & Outdoor Grill: 45 € per person. Wine included
London, England, United Kingdom
“What a Fantastic Experience!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

All I can say is that I can't wait to go back again!

Domaine O'Vineyards is a delightful vineyard about 8 km from Carcassonne. Hubby and I had a delightful two night stay with Liz and Joe earlier this week. We were spoiled from the moment we arrived until the moment we left. We enjoyed a fabulous wine tasting with Joe, from tanks, barrels and bottles. By the time we left I think we sampled nearly every wine they produced, and every one was just fantastic. We enjoyed two delicious meals cooked by Liz - I don't even know how many courses there were, served with a generous amount of wine. Liz even took me into the kitchen to teach me a recipe or two!

Their dog, Muse, took us for a walk through the vineyard, through Merlot, Shiraz and Cabernet vines. The vines were just starting to bud and I can't wait to return in the summer to see the vines in full leaf and grape.

Would I return? I'm definitely returning!

Visited April 2013

Barcelona, Spain
“GREAT”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Has been great to share time in Liz&Joe house.
We had an excellent 5 course dinner......amazing food and wine.... Was a pitty to realize there is a B&B too when we had our hotel booked yet but....I am sure it will be another chance in the near future.
Highly recommended experience.....
Do not want to forget "Muse".....what a nice "lady"
Big hug and thank you very much again,
Josue

glasgow
“Great food and wine, and even better company!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is a must for anyone who thinking is visiting the Carcassonne region, we went purely on a recommendation, which was all we needed. Joe and Liz are excellent hosts, and provide an in depth and knowledgeable tour of their winery (along with a selection of their wines), without the snobbery that you might find with other wineries. Once you enter the house you are treated to feast of food, and wine along with some wonderful tales from the hosts. We are already looking forward to the next time we are in the region ! This experience is simply awesome and well worth a visit.

Johannesburg, South Africa
“A wonderful evening”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

How fortunate to have found O'Vineyards through Tripadvisor. We spent a wonderful evening with such generous hosts were indulged with wonderful food and amazing wines. How nice to sit around one big table. A visit to the vineyards, followed by a cellar tour and blind tasting before being seated at one large table with the hosts and other guests. Think this was our best food and wine experience in this region in 5 years! Thank you so much - we hope to visit again and will be recommending this experience to all our friends.

Pwllheli, United Kingdom
“Anniversary celebration.”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Just returned from a trip to Carcassonne with my wife, brother in law and his wife. Whilst doing some research for the visit I came accross Liz and Joe's vineyard. With such good reviews, we just had to go. If you get the chance book the 4 hour tasting visit combined with Liz's exquisite food. For 50 euros its a bargain. We paid that much for a mediocre meal in the old cite on our first night.
Joe is very easy going and informative about the wine growing and production methods. You get to taste about 6 wines before moving on to the house. Then a taste test before Liz joined us with a series of wonderful dishes prepared by her. Your glass is never allowed to be empty for long! the wine flowed like the conversation.
A very nice kind gesture was a gift of a bottle of local pink champagne for the anniversary couple. Our 4 hour trip turned into a 5 1/2 hour one, but the time flew. Liz provides details of a taxi firm which is essential! Two things I'd like to add, you keep the same glass throughout, but no sediment after all the different wines. Secondly no-one had a bad head the next day!
This is the first review I have ever posted, but such a nice couple and an excellent occassion couldn't be allowed to go unreported upon. If you are in the area try and visit. You will not be dissapointed.

• Visited February 2013