“Sorry it has taken me so long to say what fun we had”

O'Vineyards Bed & Breakfast - Carcassonne
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My wife and I were lucky enough to have been a Naked 100 investor which took us to O'Vineyards in the summer (late June I think) as part of a trip to the South of France. Originally it was to say hello and pick up some wine but my wife found out that Jo & Liz offered B&B so we thought we would stay a night. What a brilliant decision :) We arrived to meet two of the warmest and welcoming people you can imagine. Jo took us for a tour of the vineyard and we learned more about wine in the next few hours then a lifetime of drink vats of the stuff. Later on we had dinner. Liz gives the impression that she is just throwing something together. B&B this is not. It was a 5 course marathon from heaven with continued wine tasting. The following morning we left with our 2 cases of Naked 100 that we had gone to collect. PLUS lots of cases of the other wines we had tried and loved. It travels well by the way. Either way after just one afternoon and evening chez O'Vineyards we genuinely felt like we were saying goodbye to friends. Definitely go out of our way to stay again. Can't remember what the cost was because we had such fun we didn't really care -I am sure it was excellent value, seemed so to us. Liz's cooking is exceptional

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We came to visit so we could reconnect with our exchange student from Germany.

Liz and Joe were simply amazing. The place is a gem located right within the domaine overlooking the vineyard. We were able to learn a lot about winemaking and sample almost everything they were making. And the food being served was so wonderful and tasty. Lots of fresh local produce and amazing charcuterie. Make sure to get some of those lovely merguez sausages to eat with crusty country bread. It goes quite nicely with the robust red wines produced by the owners.

We took long walks among the vines with the owners' dog, Muse. And we sipped many wonderful glasses of wine while watching the sun set over the vines.

It was perhaps one of the few time I can remember when I never bothered to check my emails or go online using the complimentary wifi internet. :)

We are already planning to go back next year to get married among our cherished vines...

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2012

TLDR: Go to O'Vineyards if you visit Carcassonne. It's got amazing wine, food and people.

I don't write reviews. Ever. This is my first review regarding my travel experiences abroad. My wife and I went on a French excursion throughout many cities. Paris, Avignon, Mont St. Michel and Carcassonne. When I started planning our itinerary for Carcassonne I happened upon the O'Vineyards website. I did some more research and found that most people were over-emphatically enthusiastic about their experience at O'Vineyards. I thought to myself "When has the internet lied to me?" After citing numerous times where the internet had lied to me, I decided to go ahead and email Liz to set up a tour.

When we arrived we were shown around by the owner of the Vineyard, Joe. The lush landscape looks like a Pietro Della Francesca painting. (If he were to paint France.) If you are a wine junky, then this is a great chance to learn about the numerous wine creation processes'. Walking through the vineyards was fantastic, the stills/mixing process were fascinating, and we sampled wine directly from the casks.

Do yourself a favor and book lunch/dinner. Liz is an amazing cook, and dare I say, we had the best meal of our trip there. They used all local market fresh foods and served it with some O'Vineyards wine. I MISS THE LOCAL BREAD AND SMOKED CHEESE SO MUCH, IT HURTS.

They also have a bed and breakfast which we did not get to stay at because I was late in booking there. The rooms were modern, spacious and the beds were comfy. (I may or may not have laid in one for a minute when everyone left the room to verify the "comfy" claims.)

If you are in Carcassonne, you need to visit O'Vineyards. Stay there if you can, as it is a picturesque destination with great company, wine and food.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stayed (sadly) only one night at O'Vineyards in July and had the most wonderful experience of wine and great hospitality. Joe and Liz were not only the best hosts on earth but also very talented (Joe with the wine and Liz in the kitchen) and very good company.

We started our stay with a tour on a wine fields, guided by Muse the dog. After that Joe took us to "a lesson of wine" and we got to learn very much from the enthusiastic vineyard keeper. We tasted the wine straight from the barrels. God it was tasty! The evening ended with a seven course dinner made by the incredible cook Liz. The dinner was a brilliant mix of traditional french food and asian twist. We ate for hours and drank countless bottles of wine. And as Joe said, there was even no hangover on the following day! The little secret of pure self made wine.

The visit we had at O'Vineyards was amazing and we really hope to return someday!

Janni and Casimir
Finland

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed 3 nights at end of September and it was first class! Hosts Joe, Liz , Ryan and of Muse were very welcoming.

Muse (what a smart dog!) took us a tour round he vines in the afternoon followed by very educational tour later with Ryan and Joe. We had reserved dinner at Winemakers table which was excellent value with delicious food was served made by Liz with great passion while Joe and Ryan introduced us to many of their wines which were excellent and they were extremely generous !

Our room was lovely and very spacious with balcony overlooking the vineyards .

Great wine, foods and hospitality from lovely hosts!

Many thanks and sorry for delay in posting this review!! We hope to come back!

Roz and Tommy Rossi
Scotland

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Liz, Joe and Muse were the nicest hosts you could hope to come across. Joe's knowledge of his Vin yard is second to none and he is very keen to share it with you! Liz is an exceptional cook and the meal in the evening, the breakfast and the huge amount of wine we were fed were all absolutely fantastic. The Vin yard itself is absolutely stunning and we couldn't have asked for a nicer location for our November get away.
Thanks very much Joe and Liz!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Had a wonderful overnight stay and enjoyed a marvellous dinner made by Liz and vineyard tour from Joe. Joe has a variety of delicious wines and we had to sample them all! Highly recommend this as a destination that will please those who venture off the "beaten path" Thank you Joe and Liz for your warm hospitality.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Been to O'Vineyards Bed & Breakfast - Carcassonne? Share your experiences!