“Wedding and Reception”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bluff Point
Finger Lakes Wine Country, New York
“Wedding and Reception”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Our daughter was married at Esperanza in June. One word, exceptional in every way. Heidi and her staff worked closely with us for more than six months. The team work was smooth and left us very confident the day would go without a hitch and it did.

They served 250 people with ease. The food and service received many compliments for presentation, taste, preparation. The staff was helpful down to the smallest of detail.

As the dad, I stayed in the background permitting my wife and daughter manage things without interference. They joined the "team" as the day was organized. Heidi and everyone associated with Esperanza should commended. It was so wonderful experience and we are forever grateful.

Dr Richard Hamling

Room Tip: The mansion rooms are period and lovely in all regards. The joining outside accommodations were fine...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Buffalo
Reviewed July 28, 2014

This was our second trip to the Esperanza Mansion, and our stay was as enjoyable as the first. Totally quiet and private (we were there during the week, which ensures a laid-back atmosphere). Great service. Friendly vibe. Memorable view. The rooms in the mansion are just wonderful. I would enthusiastically recommend this for any couple looking for a romantic getaway. One of the nicest places in New York. Hard to see how a country inn could be much better than this.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Dated, tired place. For the price (approximately $250) they don't even help you with your bags
which you get carry up stairs. King sized bed with 2 flat pillows and a bad mattress. Had a TV style which I have not seen in 10 years. A Motel style continental breakfast which no one bothered to mention was even available when we checked in.
Had dinner in the restaurant. Bartender and waitress were very nice! Food was mediocre. Good
dessert though. The coffee at dinner was really good but the breakfast coffee was weak brown water. This place must be living off some past legacy. The rooms need upgraded and the check I process is ineffective. Does have good view of Keuka lake.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

I feel taken advantage of, after traveling the world including third world countries with my husband I never felt compelled to write a review before staying at this 'boutique' hotel. I awoke the first day of our vacation a little late and did not understand I would need to wait 7 minutes (we timed it the second day to be sure we were not exaggerating) for hot water to get to our shower, so the choice was be late or take a cold shower. To make matters worse the water pressure was low which I could understand in this setting but in combination made this the worst "showering experience" I have ever had. The whole time I was showering I couldn't stop thinking how we were paying $220 a night for this. When we addressed this issue with the staff we were told the reason was we were far from the hot water heaters, that's the way it is and that the room should not even be booked unless the hotel was full. Ok, but why not provide that information or charge a more reasonable rate? We were told at check-in breakfast was supposed to last until 10 am but when we went at 9:30 most food was already taken away. There was another client at breakfast who was equally disappointed and said, "this place could be so much more if it were better run."

The decor in general is tired, awoke each morning about 6:00 am as the curtains did not block the light, and the management did not get back with us as we were told they would to address our issue.

Lastly, the walls were quite thin so we could whatever from the next room (too much information).

Way over priced.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
4 Thank Cynthia L
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Nice enough place, but the last thing you experience before leaving is the breakfast. I've had better breakfast at a truckstop. A pedestrian assortment of unimpressive items, coffee that was little more than brown water, etc.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank John D
Reviewed July 10, 2014

It was an Anniversary celebration!! Great view, sat outdoors!! Menu, a little pricey but OK!!

My only kick get a new flag, WHAT A DISGRACE!! With what we paid, they could have bought several!!

Server Andy was excellent!!

Lexington, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Although we have stayed at the Hotel this past 4th of July weekend on a trip to see the family in Rochester NY we decided to travel down to Keuka Lake. We stopped at the Manor to have lunch.

My wife and I ordered a pepperoni and Chorizo flat bread. We received an "Esperanza" signature Flat bread with blue cheese Mozzarella, red sauce, chorizo, pepperoni. Being in a hurry to go to another property on the lake (Snug Harbor) for some drinks we accepted the mistake.

Having a reservation for dinner at the The Esperanza we returned later in the day for dinner.

We were served by the same waitress

My order was again not as ordered and my wife's order "SEAFOOD RAVIOLI" described as five cheese,ravioli, petite shrimp, bay scallops, langoustines, brandied lobster cream was the worst slop I have ever seen on a plate.

The waitress said she forgot to garnish the plate and she said that the chef was new to the restaurant

I'll give another shot at me but only for drinks on the terrace...

1 Thank Pat796
#3 of 12 in Canandaigua
Microtel Inn & Suites Penn Yan Finger Lakes Region
Best Western Plus The Hammondsport Hotel
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bath

Been to Esperanza Mansion? Share your experiences!