“Very Relaxing!”
Review of Inn to the Woods

and 1 more site!
Inn to the Woods
Reviewed August 17, 2012

There are a few places to stay on Friday Harbor, but I guarantee this is the best place. Patrick is an excellent host! Upon our arrival, he took the time to give my husband and I a mini tour of the premises, and to also give us advice on how to get around, and the best places to go. Local wine is complementary; found in the common area fridge of the house.

We stayed in the Forest Room; which I recommend if you want the most bang for your buck. The decor was elegant; and I normally don't even think about such things, but I was actually impressed by the bathroom, it was very spacious and cozy. Of course, what truly made the room was the personal hot tub outside (((!!Romantic!!!))) The room is very much surrounded by a "forest" of trees; you kind of feel like you're camping, but camping in luxury. Leave your cell phones elsewhere, because there is no reception; but that's a good thing if you want temporary relief from the annoying stress of life.

The absolute only thing I would change is for the owners to add a featherbed to the mattress, because it was extra firm. However, this place still gets my highest rating, because I know not everyone likes a soft mattress, and you're so enamoured with everything else in the room that the mattress becomes a minute complaint. And of course I won't forget about mentioning the great breakfast served by Patrick. There's so much thought put into preparation; very colorful, fruity, nutritious and delicious. PLEASE STAY HERE when visiting Friday Harbor.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Inn to the Woods

Reviewed August 1, 2012

This was our first Bed and Breakfast Experience. Attention, Attention, Attention to details is the best way to describe our stay at the Inn to the Woods. To say the least, Inn to the Woods exceeded our expectations. Patrick is the best Host and both of our Breakfast's were 5 star. We stayed in the Forest room. The bed was very comfortable and the hot tub was a welcomed addition after 6 hours of kayaking.
We can hardly wait for our next vacation to Friday Harbor, we will differently be staying at the Inn to the Woods.
Everett and Christine Mason

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Inn to the Woods was our first B&B experience and it was lovely! The innkeepers have two cats, who were there to greet us upon our arrival. The innkeeper was friendly and even recommended a restaurant for dinner, which turned out to be one of the best meals I had while on San Juan Island. Our room, as well as the common room and kitchen were full of personal touches and decorations. Everything was clean and well kept. Every little detail was thought of, from sugar cubes (real sugar cubes!) for the coffee, to chocolates on the bedside table, to fresh flowers in our room and on the kitchen table. We stayed in the Nautical Room, which has a hot tub on the balcony, surrounded by the woods. It was very quiet and serene. The breakfasts were absolutely delicious! The first day, we had Belgian waffles and a variety of fruit and the second day we had the fluffiest omelets, ham, muffins and fruit (served in little ramekins!). I would certainly stay here again!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2012

The accommodations at Inn To The Woods are so comfortable, beautiful and clean. Patrick was very friendly and the 2 breakfast meals were both 5 Stars! I felt refreshed and rested after the 2 day/ night stay there. If I go back to Friday Harbor, I will definitely go here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank 32283Travelergirl
Reviewed December 6, 2011

We had the most amazing experience at Inn to the Woods. The drive from downtown (the ferry) is short and scenic. We saw deer and a red tailed fox on the way there. Patrick, his wife and two friendly dogs greeted us upon arrival. The place was well lit, there were candles all around and a fire in the fireplace.

It was off season (November) and so we were upgraded to the nicest suite. Every detail in the room made you feel at home. The hot tub for our room was private and surrounded by Evergreen trees. The location is beautiful and quiet if you are looking for a relaxing get away.

The breakfast Patrick prepared was amazing! We had omelets, cranberry muffins and fresh fruit.

So many places call themselves a Bed and Breakfast, but once you arrive you discover it is more of a condo or apartment set-up. Inn to the Woods is definitely the traditional Bed & Breakfast and has so much to offer. We are definitely going back there and will recommend this place to all of our friends. Thanks again to Patrick for making our stay so incredibly wonderful! We really appreciate it! =) (Chris & Lynne)

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lynne C
Reviewed July 9, 2011

Patrick prepared very tasty, delicious food including snacks for the daytime with tea. The room was clean, VERY Quiet and comfortable. Patrick engaged us with conversation and politely gave us privacy. This location is perfect for a quiet alternative to Friday Harbor's noisy, lively "nightlife" ;).

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2011

we vacation every year in May for a 4 day weekend getaway & always stay at b&bs. we arrived & had to "bang" on the door to get their attention. everything is locked up tight. Patrick our apparent host was very elusive all the time we were there. Only saw him at breakfast & only to tell us food was on the table, then he disappeared. The inn has 2 dogs. One that is left tied up outside & literally "barks all night long". no not intermittanly, but steady. after 2 very long sleepless nights & mentioning it to Patrick at Them shussing the dog breakfast to no avail of quiet. The third night at 12pm or so, we could not wait till morning. We atempted to wake up the owners & ask them to quiet the dog. Them then shushing the dog inside their owners quarters, across the hall from us, my wife literally banging on their door from our hallway, agreed to check the dog barking. That lasted for 20-30 minutes & then back to steady barking although from further away. Still not acceptable. The next morning at breakfast< food was left on the table & no signs of owners. The bill for us to sign for 3 restless nights was left on our bed as we were eating breakfast. After 15 years of vacationing at b&bs I guess the bright side is, it wasnt our first & wont deter us from revisting other b&bs. As for Inn to the Woods I recommend to look elsewhere for a stay near Friday Harbor. Shocked & Appalled at the total lack of concern from our alledged Hosts.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank beauregard04
inntothewoods, Owner at Inn to the Woods, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2011

We have been involved in "rescue" animals for five years and our website does clearly mention we have pets. Once we were made aware of the barking issue, the dog was moved and a barking control device was put into place. Our living quarters are acoss the hall from the room this couple was staying in and we did not, nor had we heard, any barking until it was brought to our attention. Since this review was written, however, the dog in question is no longer on the property.
We live on the property so I am avialable most any time. I do ususally serve breakfast and let the quests visit without my interferance and I do place quest receipts on the room doors for review on the last morning of their stay. For privacy reasons I do not believe it is appropriate to place receipts on the common breakfast table.
We provide attention to our guests without "hovering" and this has resulted in a great number positive comments. We regret that this couple did not have an enjoyable experience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Juan Island
#4 of 10 in Friday Harbor
Edenwild Boutique Inn
Edenwild Boutique Inn
#1 of 2 in Lopez Island

Been to Inn to the Woods? Share your experiences!