“Wouldn`t go again”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wouldn`t go again”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Plenty of chickens. Plenty of rats. Can`t feed the horses as they might bite. Also some gates we`re closed and wasn`t sure if we could go in. Then some other people went it so we did. Over all could have done everything in less than half a hour. Also 3 and a half year old son was not impressed either. Also some of the chickens looked half eaten. The goats were fighting each other and chasing some people. Better to go to the zoo.
Didn`t think to take a photo of the rats and manky chickens.

Visited July 2013

Ipswich, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Such a great experience!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This was my first visit to the farm, Nothing could of prepared me for what I was about to see!! The chickens/ducks/pigeons/swans/other birds were absolutely hilarious! The way they ran towards me and my family when they saw us coming was so funny, they were bouncing around so happy to see people and have some bird treats! The horses were all truly wonderful, all very stunning and so friendly, especially the white one she (she looks like a girl to me) was beautiful. All she wanted to do was lick our hands, Lovely girl! The baby lambs were incredibly cute! I was sad to find out from the owner of the park that they were all orphans, poor little mites! However you would never know as they all seem so happy! I made good friends with Mr St Bernard (dog), who is an old chap bless him. He has a lovely temperament, he came up to the fence for a good head rub and licked us through the fence. It was sad to see him being in a kennel outside on his own, however he is 15STONE! So I can see how it would be a problem having him in the house.

The only thing that upset me was the condition of the fences, rabbit hutches, duck pool etc..
The water of the duck pool was filthy, the rabbit hutches are basically in pieces and their water bottles were yellow, however the animals all look healthy and happy!

All in all the farm was brilliant. It was a really great experience.
I will most definitely be returning and will be doing all I can to help the farm in any way.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Meesh F
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Brilliant day out for children and adults!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I used to come here as a kid and returned today with my own child,I have to say the work they do at the farm is amazing, the animals are all well kept,fed and looked after. They roam free and adware all very tame and not shy to come up to you for a feed or a stroke. My daughter whose 2 loved it today and so did I. We even was lucky enough to bottle feed a lamb! An all round brilliant place. And for the people who have given this place a bad review are either blind or just haven't looked beyond a bit of overgrown grass! This is a rescue farm so of course some of the animals might look a bit rough around the edges but they are now in a safe environment. Also the cafe serves lovely food and cakes!

Visited June 2013
3 Thank hayleychil
Colchester, United Kingdom
84 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Support needed”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

OK this is a little run down and in need of a lick of paint but paint etc costs money and every penny goes in animal costs. My daughter's cats are former residents of Mistley, something they have in common with my current dog and his predecessor.
The centre has been in operation for many years and has seen a wide variety of animals through it's doors and has long pursued, as far as it is able, and open door policy.
Yes a fee is charged for rehoming but home visits have to be made, food payed for and vets bills met. It is not unusual for the payment to fall short of the monies already spent.
Call in if you are passing, enjoy a gentle stroll and perhaps a drink in the cafe. Enjoy the contact with the animals and feel grateful that the volunteers who work here can provide a home for these fortunate creatures.

Visited February 2013
4 Thank Randoman1
Essex, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“slight improvement from when i went last year”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Most of the Rabbits have been moved to where they wont keep getting pooed on by chickens in to an old bird aviary, if only there was a sign telling people to keep door closed, they are still in hutches that are too small inside this bird aviary, they still have no hay and are still fed on a cheap mix of food instead of pellets.

It looks like an attempt has been made to separate the chickens (to stop them fighting maybe?) but this has resulted in birds crammed into hutches :(

beware of the fence around the pond, it looks from a distance like it will keep kids safe and out of the water, but there are holes in the ground under the fence that a small child can fall in and end up in the water.

Visited April 2013