“Excellent meal”

Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Went to the Lord Binning for dinner using a voucher my daughter had bought us for christmas. It was a cold Thursday evening but the staff and pub were warm and welcoming. Had a coastal sharing plank which was wonderful then the lamb chops and the venison cottage pie.We were both full by this time so cannot comment on desserts but from what we could see other people having looked nice. Will certainly return.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

We went to the Lord Binning yesterday attracted by the 50% off offer.The service was good but the food poor. My mutton hotpot had a topping of insufficiently cooked potatoes,the accompanying vegetables chunks of crunchy carrot and ?swede -not pleasant! We eat out a lot, this was not an experience to repeat.

2  Thank Alan B
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Lovely place to eat. Staff extremely helpful and attentive. Food very good and locally sourced. Very relaxing and nice big tables.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Perhaps this was because we took advantage of their January sale which was food at half price but having said that good service should always be a priority. Arrived with 4 friends. Waited ages for a drinks ordered to be taken and eventually had to ask where it was. Another party arrived and sat at next settee, they got served immediately, their food order was taken whilst we again had to ask. they were whisked off to their table, we had to ask having waited about 45 minutes after our arrival. Somebody had to have the worse seat in the house and it was ours right outside the serving hatch which was very noisy with orders being called. My friends all enjoyed their food, sadly I had chosen the Beef Shin and Potato Pie, I expected it to taste something like a casserole with potato but sadly I think they must have added a ton of tomato's because that was the overriding taste, I had 2 mouthfuls and left the rest. The waiter came and asked if everything was okay with the food I explained and he said he would tell the chef, later same waiter came to clear the plates and asked if everything was okay I thought why did I bother to say anything in the first place. The waiters were very pleasant and in particular a young gentleman called Tom who did everything he could to make our experience an enjoyable one. Sadly I will not be returning to this restaurant but having read all the other reviews I was obviously just very unlucky.

1  Thank SeasonedTraveller005
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Visited here last night...

Food was delicious, perfect atmosphere by a warm fire, and the service was top class!

The Lord Binning is a hidden gem in Kelsall - i'd recommend everyone to give it a try, you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank RakiCherryJuice