“Refurbishment shortfall”

Ranked #1 of 1 Killadeas B&B and Inns
Bangor Northern Ireland
“Refurbishment shortfall”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2009

Having stayed from the 11th - 13th July in a standard refurbished double room (for which we paid more) I was surprised to find the recent refurbishment excluded a trouser press or mini bar in the room which I would have expected of a newly refurbished "4 star" hotel. Having said that every other aspest of our stay was more than acceptable, with the restaurant, as usual being of a high standard. The location of the hotel is exceptional, located as it is on the shores of lough Erin. Staff were hospitable and helpful and other than the points mentioned above the rooms were of a comfortable standard.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brian02

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
leicester
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2009

I did not stay at this hotel but was looking for somewhere to eat in the area and went into the bar. The surroundings were excellent but oh dear our evening was thoroughly ruined by the totally uninterested staff and atrocious service and qualityof food. After asking the bar staff if we could order food we waited for 20 minutes before someone came and took the order. After making two further inquries we waited another 30 minutes before getting our meal. The chicken I received was like shoeleather and the "salad" I ordered to go with it was "chips". I was not able to eat the chicken and the manager did take the price of the meal off the bill but I would certainly never visit this establishment again - nice setting but need a better chef.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Somerset, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2009

The hotel is lovely, relaxing, helpful staff, and despite my trepidation after readinga few of the reviews on Trip Advisor, the hotel including rooms, pool and spa, reception, restaurant and any other areas were immaculately clean. The bed was king plus size and really comfortable, the bathroom also very well appointed. The breakfast was one of the best ever, loads of choice, attentive staff and freshly cooked to order. The restaurant (we ate in the conservatory for breakfast) was really welcoming and pleasant with sparkling white linen napkins and table cloths. We ate dinner in the bar/bistro one night: the food was great and prices average and the other night we went out to a local pub and also had great food. The swimming pool, sauna and jaccuzzi is also great, the best thing was the additional jaccuzzi on a separate terrace area outside the glass doors of the pool, sitting in the jaccuzzi being gently simmered whilst we enjoyed the view of Lough Erne was fabulous. We took advantage of a fantastic offer on the net: book sunday night b&b & get monday night b&b free. This worked out at £95 total for the 2 of us: an absolute bargain. I would go again now!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2009

The Manor House Hotel is incredibly impressive. The setting, the staff, the atmosphere, the food and particularly the outdoor jacuzzi! I highly recommend this for a sneaky get away as you will really feel isolated (in a good way) yet Enniskillen is only a short drive from the hotel. Staff seem to understand exactly how to make you feel special while allowing you the freedom a romantic break needs. A small criticism was that my room smelled quite badly - obviously a previous occupant ignored the no smoking policy. However once notified, housekeeping were on the case immediately and even though the air freshener they used was more gagging than the stale smoke, they could not have been nicer. A great spot.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank drdryan
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2009

Was looking for somewhere to go for the June bank holiday week-end and came across a great offer at the Manor House Hotel. We had stayed there in the 1990's and really enjoyed it. On looking at their website I found out that if you stay on a Sunday night you get Monday night fee - we booked two connecting rooms for 2 adults and 2 teenagers. The rooms cost 105.00pounds each for the two nights bed and breakfast. The rooms were big, nice colours, TV, etc., and the total cost for 4 of us for the two nights was 210 pounds which we thought was excellent. Their location is fabulous on the shores of Lough Erne and the staff were very helpful. Breakfast was standard fare but very nice. We visited Omagh and the folk park there which was a great day out. I would recommend the Manor House to anyone for a great break.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Feemar5
Bangor, Northern Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2009

We spent our 16th wedding anniversary here the week after Easter with our 13yr old son. It is probably our 4th visit over the last 10 years or so and while there have been additions and changes to the Hotel it still retains a wonderful charm perched on the shores of Lower Lough Erne. One of the most amazing things is the fact that so many of the staff here remain the same. This continuity of personel speaks volumes for how the hotel is run. Without doubt our highlight was dining in the restaurant...service and food exemplary...and absolutely everyone serving you with a smile....a simple thing that lifts the dining experience to a new level. Our only gripe (& reason we can't give a 5 rating) is that we were in the new section on the floor with rooms starting with #5** and here the ceiling is not concrete (like every other level) and any movement in the rooms above, sounds like a heard of elephants

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Blurt
Antrim
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2009

Clean and beautifully furnished, set in a stunning location. Rooms are large with a huge bed, I had to send a postcard to my wife to say goodnight. The shower in the bathroom is something else, make sure you take of your toupee before entering, powerfull doesn't really describe it. Arived on the Friday night and ate in the bar, service was quick and the food good. Entertainment was provided by way of a country and western duo, they were awful. They were so loud that conversation was rendered useless, forcing us to leave the bar in order to speak to one another. I have seen times when I would have appreciated the bands ability to prevent me from hearing what I should be doing, but this wasn't one of them. Ate in the restaurant on Saturday night, again the food was excellent, beautiful flavours, however if you're like myself and appreciate a proper plate of food, you may be disappointed. It's beautifully presented, but there is a lot of gaps on the plate. We were eating in the conservatory part of the restaurant, and as the night wore on it got hotter and hotter, no windows were opened, resulting in my wife and myself nipping outside now and again to cool off. This coupled with the fact that it took 2and 1/2 hours for three courses, would lead me to give some crticism. Now I appreciate, well, that's wrong, I was told by my wife that, that is the proper way food should be served, however I reserve the right to disagree. I suppose when talking about food I should raise another crticism, and that is the breakfast. I understand that this will not apply to everybody, but I like a substantial breakfast, again my wife will tell you what I had, was, but I beg to differ. If you like the continental type, the choice, comparing it to hotels I have previously stayed in was poor. Continental breakfast is not really my scene, but if it has enough choice, I can sometimes be persuaded. The selection here consisted of chedder cheese, fruit, yoghurt and miniture croissants, not very adventurous, what about some Salmon, mackerel, a selection of cold meats.
I enjoyed my stay at the hotel very much and would recommend it to friends and family. Unfortunately I am not a millionaire and cannot stay in hotels all that often, Northern Ireland has many excellent hotels to choose from, and I would probably try something new, rather than returning here.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Killadeas
Lough Erne Resort
#1 of 1 in Clogher
Mahon's Hotel
Mahon's Hotel
#1 of 1 in Irvinestown

Been to Manor House Country Hotel? Share your experiences!